Chapter 31

“You two have been together a month?” We were being interviewed by some guy called Chris, I don’t know who or what for. I didn’t really pay all that much attention. You know, kinda had some other things on my mind. Those being Danny and Zac. And Ryan. I’m still worried about him.

“Yeah.” I smiled, trying to actually engage in conversation. The boys have talked a little about the tour and their music and if they have anything new coming already, this topic was inevitable.

“And touring too, isn’t that difficult?”

“Not really, I get to spend all my time with her. Or at least, a lot of it.” Ryan shrugged.

“I love it, seeing all the shows and spending so much time with the boys. They are like a family to me.” I added.

“You don’t get tired of spending all your time with eachother?”

“Well, we don’t really. She forces me to work, we sleep a lot. You know, I love having her around. I know if I need her she’ll be there.”

“Yeah, I get on really well with some of Ry’s mates. Adam Levine is like a brother to me, if we are in the same city we definitely meet up and hit the clubs.” Ryan laughed at that, it couldn’t be futher from the truth. If it’s just me and Adam it involves Pizza and bad TV. “I love the other boys on tour, so I often head out with them.”

“Speaking of which, you are touring with American Authors and The Script…”

“Yeah, Authors are awesome.” I smiled. “Actually all our thoughts go out to Zac who’s a little ill right now. Get better soon buddy, who else can keep me company in the green room when I’m ignoring everyone else.” That got a few laughs, but I know in reality they were all upset and worried. Luckily, we all tend to attempt humour in times like this, most of the time anyway.

“We love all the boys.” Zach said.

“And Danny? Ryan, you’ve worked with him in the past, what’s it like having him on tour with you?” Brilliant. I am honestly worried about what he could say. He isn’t exactly Dan’s biggest fan right now.

“Well, urm.” He looked over at me, grabbing my hand. “You really get to know a person on tour, there’s been a lot of times he’s been there for us and been someone we really relied on. Of course, we all have our fall outs and flaws. You learn to overlook those.” He looked slightly pained whilst saying it but it did give me a little hope that we can get past this.

“What about you Amy, thoughts on Dan?”

“He’s an ass.” I deadpanned. “But I love him anyway. He really has been a shoulder to cry on, if these boys need some space and time to just be them, I always know I’m welcome on The Script bus or to crash in their hotel rooms. Danny got me drinking tea, he’s also the person who helps me pay for all the stuff I buy Ryan. He is one of my closest friends.” I was being totally honest, I just kept all the bad stuff out.

“Alright. Amy, we want to know; favourite The Script member and favourite OneRepublic member?”

“I can’t say that!” I complained. “I’d have to say Ryan, I mean, I love him so much and he is a great guy. That doesn’t mean I don’t love those guys anymore.” They all smiled and nodded. “I couldn’t say from The Script, Glen is amazing, he really is a sweetheart and definitely the wisest of the group, he’s the voice of reason for sure. Mark is brilliant, always bringing me my favourite muffin from costa and always up for a laugh. I mean, right now I’d probably say Glen, because me and him really bonded last night. We all met up for a drink, meaning Glen and I watching Mark and Dan make a fool of themselves, but we definitely get along really well.”

“You are so not getting any muffins for a while.” Eddie chuckled.

“What have I done?” I laughed, trying to sound regretful. I doubt they’ll watch this, especially Mark, he’s probably still asleep.

“And I think we need to know your opinion on Amy guys?”

“What’s there to like?” Zach asked earning a glare from me. “Seriously. Love her. Sign my boobs and eat my cookies.” He added before both of us broke down crying. “Sorry.”

“It’s too late to apologise!” One look at Eddie and we were both singing.

“This is why I love her, my singing buddy.” Eddie winked. “She’s a real laugh to have around, cheers grumpy up and is probably the most intelligent of us all. She does have to do a little mother henning. And by a little I mean a lot, more than our own mothers.”

“Alright, thanks guys, that’s all we have time for. Hope you come again soon!” Chris exclaimed. We thanked him for having us, said goodbye and then headed outside where hundreds of people had stood for hours waiting to see the boys.

“I’ll see you in the car.” I sighed, taking the keys from Ryan and leaving after a quick kiss.

“Do you actually want to see him?” Ryan asked, looking concerned.

“Of course not.” I sighed. “But I have to eventually.”

“You don’t have to do it if you don’t want to babe, we could find a way round him.” As if. We tour with the idiot and his band mates are two of my closest friends.

“No Ryan. We are doing this, just, hold my hand okay.” He smiled sadly and nodded.

“I won’t leave you alone this time, I promise.” He took my hand, kissing my forehead. I could tell he felt really bad about all this. He started coughing, his face taking on a pained expression.

“You okay?” It was my turn to be concerned.

“Fine.” He assured me, clearing his throat after he had recovered from his coughing fit. I wasn’t convinced, but before I could push the issue he was pulling me from the car. “Let’s go then.” Time to face the lanky Irish fucker.