Chapter 11

I forced my eyes open, knowing I had to go and have a shower. I looked over to where Ryan should have been and found an empty bed. Not again.

“Ry! Are you there?” I called out, but was met with silence. I walked out there, seeing if he left a note. And he did, he stuck it on the TV.

‘Sorry I had to head out x Sam needs his money and Dan has recommended a camera for me to buy him, I’ll be back soon x I’ll bring back some brunch, love you’ Okay, he is officially a sweetie. And is obviously listening to the things I say at least some of the time. Best go have a shower before he gets back.

“Is Sam here?” I asked the woman at reception.

“I’ll just check for you.” She typed away at her computer. “He is, would you like me to call him for you?”

“That would be lovely, thanks.” I smiled back at her, I just hoped that he likes the camera I got. Danny told me it was one of the best out there, and I trust him, he loves his photography and has too many cameras to count. I’m sure it’s just fine, Sam walked slowly out into the lobby, giving me a confused wave when he saw me.

“Hey Ryan, what are you doing here?”

“Isn’t it obvious! I got you a camera, a proper one so you can at least start making that change.” I handed over the box, he just stared at it for a while.

“You are not serious.” He muttered.

“I am, dude, you have a real talent. Maybe when you decide to take that jump we’ll be able to find you a job on our tour.” I insisted. “Look, here’s £50 for the photos from yesterday. They are all amazing. And here’s my number, let us know when you have things set up. We are more than happy to support you, give us a tweet or something.”

“Wow. I think you’re God.” He smiled a little.

“Nah.” I laughed, pulling him into a hug. “Now you take care of yourself, I need to take back some food for the girl or she may kill me.” He chuckled at that.

“Seriously man, thank you so much. This, this is amazing.”

“Glad you like it.” We both waved good bye and I headed home, via Costa. I wasn’t kidding, she might kill me if I show up without it.

“There you are! I thought you’d died!” I exclaimed when Ry walked through the door, he laughed and put down the drinks, turning in time for me to hug him.