Chapter 33

It’s been two days. And we haven’t spoken to Dan yet. Zach couldn’t come yesterday, and he just fell through the door with Eddie hot on his heels.

“I WIN!” He shouted. “Hi everyone.” Thank god my parent’s put up with this.

“Alright guys.” I smiled.

“Where’s Ryan?” Ed asked after scanning the room.

“Morning.” Ryan grumbled, heading into the kitchen.

“It’s like 11 dude.” Zach pointed out.

“And I like, don’t care dude.” Ryan snapped, before coughing. I saw the flash of worry on Zach’s face. Ry came and sat beside me, he looked like shit. No lie. He looks worse than before. His skin is a sickly pale colour, he has dark bags under his eyes, he looks like someone who is seriously ill. As if to prove my point, he started hacking up a lung again, he was literally hunched over. Everyone looked worried now. He took a while before sitting back up. I put my hand on his head.

“Jesus! Ryan, you are burning up!” I exclaimed.

“I’m fine.”

“No you are not.” I would not accept an argument. “Ryan, for all of us, who love you, please don’t push yourself to hard. You look like shit, you are not well.” He sighed, his body slouching as if he had given up.

“Fine. I may not be 100%, but it isn’t serious.” His voice sounded a little weird.

“I think you should head to bed.” I suggested.

“No, I’m fine. Just gunna grab something to eat.” He stood up, but after two steps he just fell to the floor.

“FUCK!” I shouted, rushing to his side. His eyes were scrunched up in pain.

“Should we call an ambulance?” Zach asked, looking to my parents.

“I don’t know.” Mum sounded worried and scared.

“I don’t want to.” Ryan whimpered.

“Shh. It’s okay.” I ran my hand through his hair, he had obviously given up on the tough guy façade.

“I’ll get some soup made.” Mum jumped up and took Izzy with her, giving us more room and her homemade soup is apparently amazing.

“We can go grab some things.” Eddie pulled Zach out of the room.

“I don’t feel well at all.” Ryan whispered, I pulled his head onto my lap.

“You think we can get you upstairs? You’ll be more comfortable in bed.” He nodded feebly. What a change. But then again, he does this, hides everything, then it hits you in the face. The idiot. I helped him to his feet, but he couldn’t stand straight, he was hunched over. “Maybe I should get Zach.” I offered.

“No.” He said, so quietly I could barely hear him. We made it to the door before he let out an irritated sigh, leading to another coughing fit.

“Zach!” I called, he sprinted in. “You wouldn’t mind getting him to the bedroom would you?”

“On it.” He carefully picked Ryan up, who was there pouting and looking incredibly pissed off and pathetic, and carried him up the stairs.

“I’m going to stay with him.” I told Mum, she nodded. “Ed!”

“What is my mission?”

“You guys have doctors right?”

“Yeah.”

“Call one, he refuses to go to hospital, but the point is something is wrong here. A doctor he trusts if at all possible.” Ed nodded, already getting his phone out. “I’m staying up there with him.” Everyone nodded in understanding. Could things get much worse? The one good thing, Zac was all better, well mostly. He still feels a little queasy but is back at home in Brooklyn now. Ryan was sat in the bed, trying to pull the covers over him.

“Dude no.” Zach told him. “You are burning up.”

“It’s cold.” Ryan complained. “Please.”

“Man, you are really not well.” Zach sighed.

“Ry, take off your clothes then you can get under the covers.” He nodded and did what I said, Zach being a bro didn’t care about it. He was worried about his friend, a friend that is really more his brother. We moved the pillows so he was in a more upright position, brought in a bucket in case he throws up.

“You feeling any better?” Zach asked hopefully. Ryan just glared, it wasn’t very scary or convincing, he just looked tired and ill. And I hate it.  

“How about Sons of Anarchy?” A small smile appeared on Ry’s face. “Okay then.” I rushed off to get it, before putting it on for him and grabbing a cold wet towel. He really needs to cool down a little, he is sweating so much. Zach was sat on the floor, I squished myself onto the bed next to Ry.

“I don’t want you getting ill.” Ry tried to move away.

“Stay right there. I don’t care what you want, if you had told us when all this started we could have avoided this. So now we are doing this my way.” He looked guilty, damn right.

“Sorry.” He muttered, eyes going back to the TV.

“So am I.” I whispered, but I’m sure he heard. I gave his face and neck a wipe with the towel. Whilst those two were watching TV I was watching Ryan, every little grimace, wave of pain, things he probably didn’t know he was doing. I took in everything about him, his shaking hands, the long slow blinks. General crappiness. After a little while he drifted to sleep. I pressed a kiss to his head, it was still hot, hotter than before even. I used the towel again.

“Good news. Dr Murphy is in town, there was some medical convention in Oxford. Anyway, he is headed over. Should be about 10 minutes now I guess.” Eddie informed us, looking at Ryan with concern.

“Thanks Ed.” We all stayed there with him, thank god it was Dr Murphy. The doctor who treated me after I collapsed, I would even say I liked him, and I know Ryan obviously respected him a lot. They must have asked for his number in case of emergencies or something. I can’t really bring myself to think about it too much. Ryan starts coughing in his sleep again, his face one of a man in pain. His skin is burning hot, to the point of discomfort, but I keep holding his hand. And I won’t let go.

A/N - Alrighty then, some action... Thanks for 1K reads guys XD Please vote and comment :)