Chapter 20

Adam being an arrogant asshole walked straight in to the assembly hall, which was completely silent. All eyes on us.

“UNCLE ADAM!” Izzy shouted, she had never met him before and jumped up to hug him. Adam hugged her, spinning her around.

“Hey Fizz.” He smiled, he is such a charmer. “Look who came to sing a few songs.” Izz looked around and her smile got even bigger. Miss Thomas ran to the stage.

“Okay, boys and girls we have some people here to sing some songs for you.” We all went up and Danny set up first. Deciding he was going first.

“Oh go ahead Dan.” I muttered, he just stuck his tongue out as he got ready to sing. “Okay, hi guys. I’m Izzy’s sister, this is my boyfriend Ryan Tedder. He is a singer. And this is our friend Danny O’Donoghue, he sings for the Script.” There was some excited whispering. “Should he sing you a couple of songs?” They all cheered. The intro to Paint the Town Green started. “NOT THIS ONE!” I shouted over the noise. The kids wouldn’t recognise it. Dan looked irritated but nodded, instead singing Hall of Fame, Superheroes and Man Who Can’t be Moved.

“Thanks guys. Love you Izzy!” He shouted as he went to get a glass of water, the boys following. Apparently I was the host for this event, don’t know why.

“Alright then, so who Ryan sings for OneRepublic. Shall we hear some of his songs?” More cheering.

“Hi guys, I don’t know if you know our songs. But if you do sing along.” He smiled. They sang Counting Stars and Apologise. “What else should we sing?” He asked looking at Izz. “What do ya think Izzy?”

“SECRETS!” She shouted.

“Oh yeah, can’t forget that one.” Ryan laughed, making me smile. He was being sweet, to be fair they were all fairly sweet. It’s Adam I worry about. At some point the doors had been opened and parents were gathering to watch. Must almost be the end of school then.

“Okay, if you need to go you can go. But, Adam here is from Maroon 5 and is going to sing a few songs.” Luckily some people stayed, mostly because their parents forced them. “See now you don’t have to stress too much about being dirty.”

“I am not dirty.” He laughed. “Anyway, hi everyone. Hi Fizz, is it aright if I sing you a few songs?” She nodded. He sang Payphone and Maps. “Gunna call it a day. Thanks guys!” People left and Izzy ran up to hug me.

“You’re the best sister ever.” She squealed.

“Glad you think so sweetie.” I smiled.

“Thanks for that guys, it was amazing.” Miss Thomas said, shaking everyone’s hand.

“No problem.” Was the general response, it took us a good 15 minutes to get back home. It was painful.

“That took a while.” Mum commented as I fell to the sofa.