Chapter 44

NIALL

"I hate this."

I turned to my girlfriend with a smirk and chuckled a bit before pushing her side gently with mine. She turned to look at me too and made a grimace but I quickly reached for her fingers and grabbed them, pulling her with me. I moved my arm up and made her twirl around just to make her get her smile back and when she stopped, I noticed her lips were curled again.

"You used to love this, come on."

She tilted her head and stuck her tongue out at me before laughing. I pulled on her arm again to bring her closer and closed my eyes when her lips crashed against mine.

"To be honest I never really enjoyed this." she admitted when I kicked the ball her way. "I just liked spending time with you and you were always a fan of football."

"Are you serious?" I chuckled, an amused smile on my lips. "We used to play for hours! And all this time you hated it?"

She rolled her eyes, kicking me the ball back and I stopped it with one of my feet.

"Okay I didn't hate it but it's not something I really enjoy."

"You don't like it only because you're not good at it." I pointed out jokingly, passing her the ball again but bursting into laughter when she kicked it back very roughly and not in my direction. "Don't be a sore loser."

I jogged to get the ball back and when I came back, she shook her head.

"If that was true, I wouldn't do much."

I frowned and looked up at her.

"What do you mean?"

She rolled her eyes and took a step closer.

"I'm pretty average at pretty much everything." she shrugged, stopping the ball again.

"Well you'd give blowjobs a lot!" I joked, bursting into laughter when she shot the ball so hard I had to take a step on the side not to be hit. "More seriously though, you're not average at everything, and there's nothing wrong with being average anyway."

She raised her nose up. "Yea I know, everyone's special is an other way of saying no one is."

"Did you just quote The Incredibles?" I asked with an other laugh.

"Shut up and play."

I laughed again but we started playing in silence. It was finally warm outside, warmer than it usually is in may, and I felt like I hadn't played football in way too long. Soccer Aid was not really far away and I needed to practice but the more we played, the more I realized I wouldn't have much competition if I played witb my girlfriend.

"You're the worst person at football i've ever met." I confessed after an hour.

She grimaced while panting, holding herself on her knees. I smiled more and took a few steps closer, bringing the ball with me. She looked pretty and I was endeared by the fact that she'd make efforts to play with me even if she didn't like it.

"What?" she asked, raising her eyebrows before to get back up. "What are you talking about i'm.. i'm so good I mean..." she stopped and sighed, grimacing again. "Okay, I seriously suck but I mean, you should see me play golf!"

"Oh?" I chuckled again. "You think you,re a good golfer?"

"Na," she raised her nose up again. "You should see me because I suck even more."

This time, I burst into laughter and moved my chin her way, pushing the ball gently her way with my foot.

"Okay, just try to move past me with the ball."