Chapter 12

NIALL

I woke up the next day and turned around in bed, bumping slightly into Liv and pulling her closer to me. Most of the time, i prefer to stay alone in bed but with her, it was different. There's a point you can reach with someone where you feel better when they're around than when they're not, and she was the only one I ever reached that point with. I did have girlfriends before, some I really liked, and even one or two I probably loved, but feeling at ease with someone in moments you would normally enjoy being alone was in a different category.

"More sleep." she just muttered in a whiny but low voice, making me chuckle lazily.

"M'not getting up either."

I felt her arm slither around my waist as we faced each other and lazily, I ran my fingertips on her back, making her whimper low. I probably fell asleep again and when I finally woke up, I knew it was late. I turned around and reached for my phone on the bedside table, grimacing when I realized it was almost noon.

I turned back to my best friend and shook her slightly but she remained limp and it made me chuckle. I knew she was hard to wake up and I thought about just pushing her out of bed but it reminded me of the day before, when I caught her with her hand in her panties, and I just cleared my throat, shaking her a bit harder and trying to push the thought away.

"Liv, come on wake up." I let out low, near her ear.

After a few more seconds, she moaned and used one of her hands to push me away.

"Let me sleep, okay?" she mumbled, keeping her eyes closed and making me roll mine.

"It's almost noon, we missed lunch."

"So what?"

This time, she turned on the other side, her back facing me, and I couldn't help but smile. It was a bit annoying but also very cute.

"If you don't wake up now i'm gonna have to look through your bags to find your clothes." I explained, grinning wide. "What do you need? A shirt? Pants? Panties maybe?"

She turned around again, ending on her back and I looked down at her as her eyes fluttered open. The look on her face was priceless and when she grimaced, I started laughing. My eyes roamed on her and I noticed that the shirt she was wearing was all twisted and ran up slightly, exposing her belly button. Quickly, she pulled on it and finally sat up with a sigh.

"Fine, fine, i'm up." she pointed out, rubbing her eyes. "Don't touch my panties okay? You've seen too much of them already."

Immediately, the image of her in her panties, sitting on this exact same bed came back to my mind and I blinked a few times to get rid of it. Seriously, it was getting ridiculous.

"Maybe we could leave that in the past." I proposed, getting up too and grabbing some of my own clothes to dress up, my back facing her.

"I'll stop mentioning it when i'm over it."

We remained silent but I heard her get off the bed and glanced as she was searching in her bag, grabbing clothes randomly and walking past me to get in the bathroom. The door closed and I stared it it, motionless, for about a minute. The conversation we had had the night before was nice, right? Then why did I feel like she was annoyed with me?

I quickly dressed up, my back facing the bathroom's door just in case, but I ended up being ready before she was and I sat on the edge of the bed to wait for her. When she walked out, I noticed she was trying to avoid my eyes and for some odd reason I couldn't explain, it hurt me more than it should have.