Chapter 23

OLIVIA

Harry drove me home in silence after I gave him my address. I thought he'd propose to go to his place but I remembered that Harry was used to move around and that he was sleeping on people's couches for a while a few years ago. It made me even more curious about him and I realized that Harry was a complex person and that he was special. It made me want to get to know him better.

When we got to my place, he parked and I unbuckled my seat belt before turning to look at him.

"I don't want to talk about it." I just let out low enough to be sure my voice wouldn't be shaking.

He turned his head my way and sent me a fond smile. I held my breath as his eyes roamed on my face and back in my eyes.

"I know."

His voice was soft, understanding, almost resigned. I reached for his hand on his thigh and squeezed his fingers. I was mad at Niall, hurt by his lie, and I wanted to think about something else, spend time with someone else.

"Do you... want to come in?" I asked, shrugging only one shoulder. "Spend the night, maybe?"

He looked surprised and then a bit taken aback but he finally raised his eyebrows at me, holding my hand tighter. His fingers were warm and I couldn't help but realize what I had just proposed but the truth was, I wanted it. I couldn't pretend it wasn't to take my mind off Niall but I didn't do it to spite him.

"Are you sure that it's what you want?" he breathed gently, bending down closer to me.

My eyes dropped to his lips as mine parted.

"Fuck yes I am." I whispered back, making him smirk and then chuckle. "I've been ready for a while."

The few times something sexual had happened between Harry and I, it was incredible. I couldn't lie, those orgasms were amazing and needed, and even when he was the one getting pleasure, I was getting something out of it. The satisfaction to know I was the one making him feel like that was almost as good as the orgasms he gave me.

"I'm pretty sure it's my turn to pay you back." I added as my lips curled.

He kept silent for a few seconds, a smile still on his lips, and I tilted my head, waiting for his reaction.

"Not tonight. Maybe next time." he pointed out, making my heart skip a beat. "Tonight I just..."

He brought two of his fingers on one of my shoulders and let them slide down on the front of my shirt, between my breasts, as his eyes dropped.

"Tonight I just want to feel myself inside you." he continued, looking up to stare in my eyes. "Only if you want to."

He took his fingers back and I suddenly realized I had stopped breathing. My whole body started throbbing and I just swallowed hard, licking my lips. I couldn't hide that I was nervous but I was even more excited and that feeling clearly won over the other. He had seen me naked already, which was probably what I had feared the most, and I couldn't hide that it still scared me. I tried to tell myself that if he hadn't liked what he had seen before, he wouldn't ask for more, right?

"You know I do."

We smiled at each other and he finally followed me inside. I was a bit ashamed of where I lived since I knew what kind of house Harry had while I lived in a 5 rooms apartment but when I opened the door, the familiar scent reached my nose and I sighed low. I didn't know if it was relief or well-being but either way, it felt good to be back. I hadn't stepped foot in my place for months and although I enjoyed spending time at Niall's, all my stuff was here and it made it my special place.