Chapter 42

NIALL

No matter how hard I tried to fall asleep on the flight back home, it wouldn't work. The seat felt uncomfortable and for some reason I couldn't understand, I felt slightly nervous. I was scared to see her, scared that she changed, scared that she thought I had changed... and at the same time, i couldn't wait to hold her, smell her, kiss her... It was early and I knew she was probably still going to be asleep when I'd come back home and all I wanted was to slither under the covers and cuddle her naked body. I missed home and I missed her and somehow, I felt like both were connected... or just synonyms.

I didn't say a word from the whole flight and when we landed, I suddenly felt extremely tired. I grabbed my backpack and walked slowly out but when I noticed her, all the tiredness inside my body suddenly left.

"Liv?" I whispered to myself with a frown.

She was not supposed to be there, she was supposed to wait for me home, but our eyes met and I realized I wanted her to be there, I needed her to be there, and she was. I dropped my backpack on the floor with a loud thud and walked quickly to her as she did the same. My heart twisted in my chest and I bent down slightly to wrap my arms on her waist and picked her up, twirling us once before putting her back down. She laughed and shook her head when our eyes met again, licking her lips. She was smiling and I was pretty sure her grin was as big as mine.

"You shouldn't pick me up." she murmured so only I could hear.

"Why?"

I frowned again but with a smile on my lips, this time.

"I'm too heavy for you."

My smile fell and I stared at her for a few seconds, raising my eyebrows and letting my hands slide from her shoulders to her arms.

"First off, you're not heavy." I pointed out, my eyes roaming on her face as I squeezed her hands gently. "And also..." I shrugged and scoffed jokingly, closing my eyes for a second before looking back at her. "I'm a strong man. An absolute tank."

She started laughing and it made me smile. I didn't realize how much I missed her laugh, her face, the warmth of her body. Why did I leave again? I couldn't seem to find a good reason.

"Oh yea, you definitely are." she replied low, nodding a bit.

"I fucking missed you, Olivia." I just admitted, ignoring her last comment. "You talked about locking ourselves home for a few days? Let's do it."

She chuckled this time but didn't answer, shaking her head but still staring at me. I let go of her wrists and brought both my hands on her cheeks to cup her face. Her eyes moved quickly on mine and dropped to my mouth before looking up again. Her lips parted and I bent down but just as I was about to kiss her, I heard her whisper.

"No PDA remember?"

My hands pressed more on her cheeks and she remained totally motionless until I shook my head too.

"Fuck that."

When my lips crushed on hers, I shut my eyes tight as something seemed to stir in my stomach. We remained motionless for a while, our mouths pressed together, and I finally deepened the kiss gently, trying to feel everything possible and impossible to feel in the moment.

"I love you so much, Nee." she whispered, making my lips curl a bit. "I'm sorry if pictures of this appear online tomorrow."

She took a step closer and grabbed my shirt with both hands, making the kiss grow intensely. My heartbeats accelerated when she whimpered in my mouth and my hands slid a bit further behind her head to finally grip her hair.