Chapter 35

OLIVIA

We were all talking and laughing as gifts were exchanged but most of the time, my eyes would go back to look at Niall, sitting on the couch, legs spread, in his black pants, dress shirt and tie. I felt so happy to be with him at this exact moment in this specific place and surprisingly, he seemed just as happy as i was. It was hard to believe and if someone had told me that I would be dating Niall by now, I would have laughed, but it was true, it was now my reality, and I never thought my reality could be my dream coming true.

He caught me looking at him and raised his eyebrows with a smirk. I smiled more, feeling slightly embarrassed, and looked down before looking back up in his eyes. I never wanted this to end. I jumped slightly when Theo sat on my lap and chuckled a bit, wrapping my arms around him and kissing the top of his head. I've always loved kids and this tiny version of the Horan brothers was bringing inside me a sensation of intense love.

"Show me what Santa got you." I just said before he proceeded to hand me all the gifts he had received quickly.

I slipped my hand in his hair gently and sent him a smile before he got off of me to run to my boyfriend. I breathed in, feeling uncomfortable in these clothes and wishing I could just put sweatpants on, and finally got up to get in the kitchen.

"Can I help you with anything?" I proposed as Maura turned to look at me, her lips curling immediately when our eyes met.

"No, no darling," she shook her head with a chuckle. "I just needed more wine."

I laughed and nodded as she poured an other glass and handed it to me. I let out a short sigh, a smile still on my lips, and took it from her hands before taking a sip.

"You didn't have to be nervous." she finally let out as I leaned my side on the counter next to me. "We're all very happy that you two are finally together."

"Except Bobby." I joked with a laugh. "He lost his bet."

Maura laughed again and shook her head.

"No, he just hoped it would have taken a bit more time."

I frowned, not really understanding what she meant, and tilted my head.

"Oh we both knew you'd end up together." she explained, raising her eyebrows. "I guessed it would be this year, after tour. Bobby said it would be late next year, that it would take Niall more time to admit to his feelings. I guess he underestimated his son."

I let out a surprised chuckle and my lips parted as my shoulders fell. It was incredible and such a relief to realize that my beliefs were shared, that I was not the only one who thought all these years that Niall and I were meant to be.

"Tell me he did something big to ask you."

This time, I laughed, pushing away the bet Niall's parents had made to bring me back to the day where Niall sang that song to me in a bar in front of all of our friends and a bunch of strangers.

"I told him first, and then a few days later yea, he did something big." I admitted with a nod.

"You told him your feelings first?" she expressed, raising her eyebrows and laughing. "That's why I won."

I closed my eyes and laughed too, taking an other sip of wine. It made me wonder how long it would have taken us to get into a relationship if I hadn't told him how I felt... What if I had told him before? Would we be together?

"It was that obvious, wasn't it?"

I didn't have to say anything else, she knew exactly what I was talking about, and she raised her nose slightly before nodding.