45: Please, don't go.

After I got up from bed, the first thing I did was taking a bath. After everything that happened, I had to freshen myself up. 

It was still quite a lot to take in; especially my first dance with death. Just thinking about it made me realize how scary the thought of dying and leaving everyone behind was. 

When I glanced at myself in the mirror, I realized how horrible I looked. I was freaking out honestly; did Cloud have to see me being this messy of all times?

I heard people talking downstairs and it got even livelier there judging by the volume. 

After pampering myself with some self-care routine, I managed to look a lot better than before. For some reason I even looked better than on most of my days and it's been only a few days that I almost...

Aerith... How are you?

My thoughts got interrupted with my sudden remembrance of my one and only sister. She was currently at Hojo's lab which was one of my biggest fears. Just the thought of what was possibly happening to her made me so worried.

I looked at myself in the mirror once again and deeply focused on my ability. But even a small focus was all the strength in me. The intensity of my nosebleed was even worse than before.

Sinner... sinner... sinner...

So many voices at once started talking in my head. I held my head in pain as the volume intensified. Without realizing it, I was knocking over shampoos and everything in cabinets. In reality, I was trying to escape the voices.

"Yui?" there was a knock on the door.

The voices suddenly disappeared without a trace as soon as he spoke which made me cover my mouth in realization. 

'The cure to my curse'.. this is probably what it meant.

"Are you alright in there?" he asked behind the door.

Everyone was laughing downstairs, yet Cloud remained by my side.

I quickly covered every trace of chaos happening in the bathroom, fixed my image once again and opened the door to the bathroom to reveal Cloud standing in the doorframe, looking at me.

I felt myself smile automatically as soon as my eyes landed on him. Seeing him made me feel so relieved about everything.

"So? How do I look? Not too shabby, right?" I joked which made him smile faintly, "Everyone's waiting downstairs." he then extended his hand, waiting for me to accept it.

I accepted it happily as he led me towards the stairs. He went ahead, making sure I wouldn't fall.

In all honesty, there was no need for that, but seeing him going to this extent made me realize he truly cared about me so much.

Once we came to everyone's view, all of their gazes went on me.

"Heya." I said with a smile.

The first one to react was Elmyra who, without hesitation, ran towards me and hugged me tightly.

"You stupid girl, what were you thinking?!" she started to scold me with tears in her eyes.

"I'm sorry for worrying you, mom.. It must have been really hard.." I smiled sadly as I returned the hug.

When we separated from each other, the next one to cover my view was Zack, "You scared the shh– uh...." he felt all the eyes on him, "the crap out of me back there. Glad you're okay." he smiled with sincerity in his eyes.

Yet there was a hint of sadness in his eyes. He was definitely worried about Aerith, I couldn't blame him. I was too.

"Yui.. I think I owe you a big apology.." Barret then also came into the view, "I said a really mean stuff to you without knowing how much you were going through. I don't know why I acted the way I did, but Cloud told me you saved Jesse, Biggs and Wedge.. And that almost had you killed, I'm so sorry. Even your sister, Aerith, is now in danger because she saved my little girl, Marlene." said Barret with his little daughter in his arms.

"We really stressed you out even more than was needed, we are sorry for that, really.. But.. Where is Wedge, Jesse and Biggs?" asked Tifa with sadness evident on her face.

"All three of them are safe. They are waiting in a time space that will happen soon, so until that happens, they are kind of stuck." I smiled brightly.

The atmosphere was quite heavy, and I noticed Tifa giving me weird stares. 

"Don't know about you, guys, but I'm out, looking for Aerith. I have no time to waste here." Zack said as he started making his way to the entrance door.

"I'm going too!" I said as I started walking towards him, but Cloud grabbed my hand and stopped me in my tracks, "You have just recovered, so you stay here." he said seriously.

I felt my heart drop, "But.. You know I can't do that. She's my sister.." I looked him in the eyes.

He sighed, "I know. But I tried." he then retreated his hand and sighed in defeat.

After everything we've been through, Cloud knew me so well. He knew I wasn't going to just stand still and do nothing, especially if it's Aerith we were talking about.

"No! You're staying here no matter what!" Elmyra then came to my view.

I felt myself smile sadly, "I'm sorry.. I'd listen to anything you have said, but this is the only wish I can't grant you. Even if you put me into chains, I would sneak out somehow with no obstacle in my way.." 

Elmyra's eyes watered with tears as she looked at both Zack and Cloud, "....... I knew this day would come, but.. didn't know it would come this quickly." 

Zack smiled faintly, "I'll make sure to bring both of them safely home, Elmyra. You have my word. And a promise from ex-SOLDIERs is always fulfilled." 

Thanks to his sweet-talking ability, we managed to convince Elmyra to let me go. After all the necessary preparation, we were on our way to save Aerith together with everyone, saying our goodbye to Elmyra.