43: Don't ever let go of the happiness that you have.

I was dreaming, but not in someone else's shoes, I was here for myself.

"It's been a long time.. hasn't it?" I heard my own voice which made me whip my head towards its source.

And I met the me from the past that I once saw before.

"So this time, you were able to escape death." she said with a soft voice.

I felt my eyes water again, "It was my mom.. she saved me.."

But the me only chuckled, "No, it wasn't. Have you forgotten what I told you before?"

I was confused, "Then.. who?"

I was surrounded by darkness all of sudden, this time my other form appearing in front of me with both of her eyes pouring blood instead of tears.

I felt horrified at the sudden sight that it made me gasp in surprise.

"In the past, I've told you that Cloud is the reason your 'curse' could be lifted. And he was the one who saved you from death."

I felt my eyes widen in shock, "What?.. But how is that possible?"

"Have you never felt the energy radiating from him? Not even once when he held you? Have you not felt your energy being replenished, your exhaustion disappearing, or your pain easing?"

But I fell on my knees as the sudden realization hit me. She was right, I have felt all of those in the past. When he hugged me, I felt a feeling of security, and.. my once non-beating heart, started beating because of him. Or when I had one of my 'nightmares', I felt my tension disappear as soon as we have hugged..

"Does he have a sort of power like that?" I asked in bewilderment.

But the me only smiled, "Love is the answer to whatever life brings.. So congratulations, you've escaped my own fate successfully."

"Aerith is your soulmate, but Cloud is your sanctuary. So don't ever let go of the happiness that you have. I let go as a coward, and I regretted it until the death put an end to this. So don't live like me. Never." she said, as if a warning before a great danger.

My body moved on its own, but seeing the choices I've made in a different life, I couldn't help but greatly sympathize. I have always considered all of the options that she has put to an action and it led her into an eternal sadness. The other me died in a great pain.

"I'm so sorry you had to go through this..." I cried whilst hugging her, "It's not bad when I know that it went well somewhere else. So take care, hope you live your life the way I wanted in my lifetime. So let this be our last encounter. Goodbye, Yui.." she put her forehead against mine.

"Goodbye, Yui.. Please rest well.." I said whilst crying.

And with that I was forcefully thrown into my consciousness where I was able to hear voices clearly. I was laying in what seemed to be my bed, but I wasn't the only one in the room.

"So yeah.. I've got a girlfriend before my 'death'." said Zack's voice quietly.

"Yui was the one who saved you.. But.. Why have you never showed yourself to me? I was living with the fact that you're dead for so many years.. It left me with a great.. ange–"

"Anger, I know. I know my 'sorry' isn't gonna do it. But believe me, I wanted to return to you so many times, even Yui wanted to tell you, but I stopped her because... I felt like it was the right thing to do back then.. I have realized it all too late, you have already moved on when I was ready to see you. And I took that as my own punishment for hesitating like that. If I appeared in front of you out of nowhere, you might have died from the shock." he then chuckled.

But Cloud also let out a chuckle, "Died from the shock? I really wonder what you thought when you were swinging towards us out of blue, and you said I would die from a shock. It would be that moment then."

Zack bursted out laughing, "Well, you know that was a lame excuse."

"Yeah, I knew." said Cloud with his usual calm voice.

But that made Zack laugh out even more.

From all I've heard, Zack has got his groove back, the same for Cloud. It was somehow relieving to hear them bicker like old friends. It made me realize that they truly missed each other.

"So.. Are you dating yet?" Zack broke the silence which made Cloud shocked to the point he started coughing at how startled he was.

By this point I was only eavesdropping that I felt myself blush, yet curious what his response would be.

"I... don't know. More of a no than yes, I guess." he said.

"So have you kissed?"

"W-Wha.."

"Have you done it?"

"Stop asking, not gonna tell you." but Cloud was kind of giving himself away.

"No way! So you and Yui don't date but you've already done all of that? Are you telling me you're screwing my girlfriend's sister?!" Zack kept pushing Cloud into a corner with his playful nature.

"Fine! We're dating, whatever.." Cloud said, muttering the last word for himself.

Zack then laughed out victoriously, "Alright, prince charming, how about a kiss for the sleeping beauty right here?" 

But Cloud only sighed in defeat, "Keep it down, you'll wake her up." he said.

"kEeP iT dOwN, yOu'Ll WaKe HeR uP." he mocked poor Cloud.

I felt myself shaking from suppressing the laughter at their banter.

"I think she's having a bad dream." said Zack which made Cloud look at me, "Do I wake her up..?" he asked, unsure.

"I've got one thing to tell you about Yui.. Every time she falls asleep, she has nightmares only. And the cure for her nightmares is..." he fell silent.

"What?" Cloud asked in disbelief.

He then leaned towards him, "... a muscled blonde man with a Buster sword on his back." he teased him playfully.

But this time I really couldn't hold it in any longer and I just bursted out laughing as well.

"What the hell, Zack.." I said between my laughs which made Zack also laugh.

I could also see Cloud's face turn into a happy one as he smiled sincerely while looking into my eyes. No words were needed there, he was happy to see that I was alright, just as I was with him.