14: The low.

We were in the sector 5 now, yet Zack didn't put me down and kept to his words. He hasn't said a word and was mainly deep in thoughts for the rest of the journey until the time that I couldn't stand the silence longer.

"Zack.. Can you please say something?" I said with a sigh.

"Something." he said almost too automatically which made me roll my eyes, "Very funny.." I said.

He grinned, "One of the sides Aerith absolutely loves about me." he pointed out as he started fishing for compliments.

I chuckled.

With Zack by mine and Aerith's side, there was nothing to worry about whenever it came to danger. He has been with us for so long now that me and Aerith see him as a part of a family. 

"Yui.." Zack said seriously now which made me look at him, "How did you meet Cloud?" he asked.

I knew where this conversation was going. The atmosphere between us got dark because we both knew where this was heading.

"I saw him in my visions a lot of times before your..." I didn't want to say that word so I just tried to continue without it, "And we met on the day when I fell into a coma. So, in short, I've known about him for a long time, but met him on that day." 

Zack hummed in acknowledgement, "Look, I don't mean to be the party pooper, but I'm really curious about that day in general. I haven't seen what you two have seen. And that day is a big mystery to me." he said.

I understood where he was coming from, but today wasn't a day I told him about it.

"I'll tell you about it sometimes.. But not today, I'm sorry." 

He smiled lightly, "Don't rush it, I'm glad you are even going to tell me."

I was now half-listening to him because in the distance I saw Aerith with tears in her eyes.

"Let me down, let me down!" I said urgently which made Zack put me on the ground.

She was feeling a big sense of relief and that's why she was crying. She must have been so worried..

I didn't hesitate, I ran straight to her arms as we both hugged each other tightly. 

She was now crying in my arms, "I was so worried about you!" she sobbed which made tears well up in my eyes as well, "I'm sorry.. I won't scare you like this ever again!" I hugged her even tighter.

"I think we won't have to worry about Yui anymore.." Zack smirked.

Both me and Aerith looked at him in confusion.

"She's got Cloud to protect her. Even though he's unaware of her background. Judging from my own view on this, he's interested in her. Or to not flatter you that much, he seems to be curious about you, Yui." he started explaining but I snickered, "Yeah, sure. Maybe because we met in the past. That's all." 

"Might be. For now." he smirked which made Aerith chuckle.

I sighed out, "Guys, stop! You always ship me with every man I meet."

But they only looked at each other with a smile. I knew their eyes were communicating.

For the rest of way home, those two didn't stop teasing me. But even if it was annoying at first, I was happy that those two could be distracted by little things like these.

The evening has come and Zack was sleeping over at our house. Mom was so happy to have all of us under the same roof that she made a grand dinner that wasn't meant for 4 people but at least 8!

And with the night wrapping up the day, Zack, Aerith and me sat in our garden, listening to the crickets that were singing for a goodnight.

"I was so scared when you said 'Aerith' in such a weak and pained voice. Just remembering makes me feel so sad.." Aerith said as Zack wrapped his arm around her shoulder and pulled her close for a comfort.

I smiled sadly, "About that.. I wanted to tell you what happened to me, but.. I didn't have that time on me."

Zack smiled in a sympathy, "I came to you as soon as Aerith updated me. But it was evening and you were nowhere at first. Your vision was what led me to you actually. You predicted the Whispers in the city and that's where I looked first. And here we are." he said proudly.

I looked at Aerith, zoning out to recall what those Whispers were about. 

"Actually.. About Whispers.." I said which made both of them focus on me, "I heard their voices so clear.."

"What did they say?" asked Aerith with worry, "They kept calling me 'sinner'. It got so loud to the point where they were inside my head." I explained.

Zack frowned, "So not only your dreams. But even in the broad daylight." 

The mood between us got quite heavy which made me feel guilty, "I'm so tired.. I'll head to sleep now. So goodnight, guys." I said with a slight smile.

They probably took a notice of the 'sudden' urgency, but they haven't said a word. They were just watching me.

"Goodnight?" I said again, hoping I would get an answer, "Goodnight, Yui." Aerith faked a smile.

She was worried about me and Zack was also deep in thought.

Not being able to stand this any longer, I retreated to my room, went straight to bed to sleep.

Let me enter the world where nothing but pain is, because in the end, it felt like it was somewhere where I belonged. People around me suffered because of me and I was the cause. It was fair I would get to see their own pain as well.

Yeah..