10: Honey eyes.

I have taken a good rest at home after our picnic. Aerith and Zack went for an evening stroll around this sector so I was left home alone. Mom was still at the tea party with her friends and she is going to come home later as always. 

Being alone made me envy of people who had someone they could be with now. Is it a bad idea to take a walk to Marle's place and check on the lavenders? I just didn't want to be alone now, I hated being left with my thoughts, because in an empty mind, I could hear Whispers' silent voices. 

I sighed as I looked outside the window. The sun almost set behind the horizon, but in the end, I grabbed my things and headed out. On my way there, I was thinking about the flowers. I realized that I forgot to fertilize one part of lavenders so if I wanted them to survive, I had to do that. I also brought other gardening equipment there that I could leave next to the flowerbed without worrying that it would be stolen.

I also had to let Aerith know about my evening walk, "Aerith? I went for an evening walk to the sector 7. I forgot to fertilize the lavenders." I sent her a telepathic signal.

She immediately responded, "Okay, Yui! Come back before dark because it's quite far." 

I smiled at her concern.

And by the time I finished daydreaming about how lovely my twinnie was, I have reached Marle's home. Her apartment complex house was lit up with the lamps.

I didn't want to disturb her in late hours like evening, so I immediately went to the garden and got to work without letting anyone know. It's not like I was stealing or anything.

I was patiently fertilizing the beautiful lavenders. They bloomed into such a beautiful flowers that their scent was already felt in the air.

I was so focused on the work that I didn't hear footsteps.

".... Hey." said a cold yet gentle voice.

But at the sudden sound I got so startled that I flinched and made a surprised sound. As soon as I realized that it was Cloud standing there, "Oh.. hey!" I said with a smile as I held onto my  chest where my heart was beating like crazy.

"Sorry for startling you." he said which made me chuckle, "No, it's okay. I was so into it that I just.. flinched." I laughed out now recalling that.

"What are you doing here?" he asked with his cold-hearted voice.

I smiled, "I've realized I forgot to fertilize this part of lavenders. And if I want them to survive, I know I had to come now." I explained whilst pointing at the part I have just finished fertilizing.

He nodded in acknowledgement, probably having no idea what I was talking about but he didn't want to be rude so he just nodded.

I felt myself grin at the realization. This guy who is 'emotionless' is actually pretty cute.

"I'm leaving soon though. I have to be home before the dark-" I then saw that we were already in the dark hours of the day.

Crap, how much time has passed? I was so into fertilizing these lavenders that I forgot about time.

He was watching me intently, noticing I grew silent as soon as I have realized that the night has come.

"I will walk you home." he said with a flat tone.

I looked at him, seeing he was alright with it, "I have nothing to do anyways." he continued.

I felt my face light up at his proposal but then I was reminded of Tifa.

"... I will go alone. It wouldn't be fair to Tifa if you walked me home." I said with a heavy heart.

I was actually happy to not walk alone, but we don't know each other for long. I'm a stranger he met a few days ago. And Tifa is his childhood friend, she has a crush on him. It's for the best to not meddle between them. 

"It's dangerous walking at night. Especially all the way to your sector. I will go." he said seriously.

I felt troubled, "I know I don't look like it, but I'm a strong girl!" I tried to convince him but he was already going ahead.

He was surely making things difficult for me. If Tifa sees this, I am going to feel so bad.

I sighed as I started to walk behind Cloud who was a few steps ahead. 

"Cloud?" I heard Tifa's voice.

I felt my heart drop to the ground. Oh no..

"Where are you going? And.. Yui?" she looked at me out of surprise.

I felt myself panic, "Oh hi! I just stopped by because I forgot to fertilize the lavenders. Me and Cloud met just now, but we only coincidentally bumped into each other, nothing more. And coincidentally we are also going to the same direction. I'm on my way home and he is probably on his way to the Seventh Heaven!" I said quite quickly which was unnatural.

Tifa was watching me with a surprise of how quickly I was talking. Cloud also just stopped and stared.

Ugh.. I am only embarrassing myself now.

"Goodnight, guys! See you tomorrow!" I said as I quickly started walking.

I felt the shame getting the best of me. 

I was so lame!

After walking quite far away from them, and to the road of the sector 6, I stopped. I took a deep breath and tried "calming" myself down.

"Oh God, Yui! You are so lame!" I started to scold myself aloud, thinking no one was behind me until he spoke up, "Yui?" 

I shouted at the sudden voice again.

I looked behind me to see Cloud. He was standing while looking at me with a hint of concern. However, Tifa was nowhere to be seen.

"Y-You're alone?" I asked.

He nodded silently, watching me.

And that's when I saw it, a monster. An actual monster coming to eat Cloud, who was unaware, and me. 

The beast was so fast I was forced to do this..

"STOP!" I shouted and the time stopped just before the beast could hurt Cloud.

Cloud looked next to him and jumped out of surprise to see the beast next to him still in the air without any sign of movement.

"Please kill him!" I said, scared of how the beast looked.

It was so creepy and scary.

Cloud immediately took an action and killed it. I then released the time and the beast fell on the ground, motionless.

He then looked at me, and gasped at my appearance. Why was he staring?

"Your eyes are glowing.." he said.

I didn't want to expose myself like this..