3: "Help them, please.."

We were all taken to the Shinra building. She was crying all the way there as she held me and Aerith close to her.

She had all the negative thoughts swirling in her head. She was mainly thinking about how to save me and Aerith from this.

We were all now in the reasearch tube where they could extract our materia to see what our ability was. First, they went for Aerith which made mom furious and so sad at the same time.

"NO! DON'T TOUCH HER!" she screamed.

I felt her heart breaking at the sight of Hojo standing in front of her tube.

"GO AWAY FROM HER!" she kept shouting in desperation.

Hojo only smiled in amusement, "Prayer materia? Interesting. What does your other daughter hold for treasure, I wonder?" he enjoyed the view of mom being at her mind's ends.

She saw my materia being extracted from me which also once again tore her heart apart.

Hojo started to laugh as a maniac as soon as he found out about my materia.

"This... Is indeed what we need the most." he licked his mouth.

"GO AWAY FROM THEM! DON'T TOUCH THEM!" the insanity was slowly devouring our mom.

Hojo only looked at her with a smirk, "Time materia? Oh, you shouldn't have showed me that now." he started to laugh once again.

My little-self was crying uncontrollably because I was scared, unaware what he was doing to me which broke my mom even more.

This time, mom's self-control bursted. Her anger shattered the tubes we all were in. The planet has spoken to her as well, "Run.. Run away, my child."

She didn't waste any second as she ran to grab me and Aerith as she started to run away.

And since me and Aerith were small, we were crying now as well because we were scared. Mom's heart was already broken as soon as we stepped our foot in here. But she kept running. Even though troops were after her, she kept running with me in her arms while holding Aerith's hand.

Once the troops started shooting, she also lifted Aerith in her arms as we both held onto her tightly. She was only doing what mom was supposed to - protecting her children.

She got shot in the back twice while making our escape. We managed to run away, but the furthest we got, was on the train station. She was losing consciousness with every step she was now taking. So she sat down whilst leaning on the railing.

She looked at me and Aerith. We were still crying so much.

"Aerith, Yui.." she whispered our names which made us look at her.

The look of us crying made her tear up as well, "We did it.. We escaped.." she said with a happiness.

However, that didn't make us stop crying. We knew something was wrong with our mom.

"My sweet sugarplums, promise me that you won't ever get caught by these bad people. Please, take care of each other and NEVER abandon each other. You always have to stick together, do you understand?" she looked at us seriously.

We only nodded between our sobs.

But then, our now-adoptive mother came to us, "Are you alright? Do you need help?"

Mom only looked at her, as if there was a hope at her last moments, "Please... Take care of my daughters.. I can't hold on any longer.." she said weakly.

Elmyra's (adoptive mother) eyes watered now, "I will.. Don't worry about them, they are safe with me." she said, assuring our mom.

"Thank you so much..." she said weakly.

She glanced at me and Aerith one last time, "I love you, my sweet sugarplums. Mommy always loves both of you the most." and she then closed her eyes in the utmost pain.

She didn't want to leave us behind, she didn't want to miss majority of our lives, but she left with the feeling she saved us. The torture, however, forever lingered.

.....................

I gasped as I opened my eyes in shock and sat up on the bed in an instant. I was now crying uncontrollably. This dream brought me nothing but pain.

"Yui, are you okay?" Aerith stroked my back.

Everytime, she would sit beside me before I would wake up because she believed that after those nightmares feeling her presence would make me feel better. And it always worked. She was doing this only for me and I loved her for such a small thing like this.

"I'm o-okay.." I said with a shaky voice.

The tears were unstoppable, "I dreamed of mom again.." I said with a pain in my voice.

She kept silent but didn't stop gently stroking my back. She handed me tissues, "I know that day is painful to recall. Especially from mom's point of view, but remember that she gave her life for us to be happy. It's good to be reminded of her, even if the memory is the most painful one of all of them. She left as a loving mom. But we still have family, and mainly, we have each other." she now hugged me.

I hugged her back.

"Aerith! Zack is here!" our mom shouted from downstairs.

I noticed she hesitated with what to do, but I had to assure her, "Go, don't keep him waiting."

"But.. Are you sure? You're my priority now." she said with a worried expression on her face, "I'm sure. It's not the last time I'm going to have this dream. It's just like any other night. Go and have fun, okay?" I smiled at her to reassure her.

"If you need me, talk to me, okay? Telepathy still works." she smiled brightly at me. I chuckled, "Yes~"

And with that she went downstairs.