49: New beginning.

A/N: CONTAINS SPOILERS of the Yuffie DLC ending (FFVII REMAKE INTERGRADE). This whole chapter is a big fat spoiler tbh, you've been warned!

.

.

.

.

It feels like I've been floating for a long time in the endless darkness without finding a light. It was peaceful, but I grew scared of being left alone. My thoughts were endless, my mind never stopped working. I thought everything would just grow quiet when I die, but seems like that theory was a lie. 

"....rith......" I heard a very distant voice.

The darkness I was surrounded in now showed a crack of light which made me turn towards it automatically. 

".....Aerith!...." the voice seemed much louder now and the crack inside the darkness was also breaking with each call.

What was happening?

"Aerith!! Don't do this to me!" the voice became very clear to me.

I felt my surroundings becoming white as I have finally exited the darkness. I even felt a strong pair of arms around me. There were also hot drops dropping on my cheek which must have been tears.

"....Please talk to me...." the heartbroken voice belonged to someone I knew very well.

With all my strength I was doing my best to muster up everything inside of me to at least open my eyes and voice out something, anything!

"Z.....ack..." I said very weakly.

His arms around me tightened as he trembled, "I'm here now..." his voice broke down, exposing him crying.

" his voice broke down, exposing him crying

(I had to... Also.. Don't mind Cloud chilling in the background)

I finally managed to open my eyes. The sudden brightness made me squint my eyes, trying to get adjusted to the sudden light.

He put his hands on my face, making me face him, "What happened? I was so.. shocked to see you laying on the ground with no life in you at all. No matter how many times I called to you, you didn't respond.." he peered at me worriedly.

I finally regained all my consciousness. The first thing I did was to look away from him as I started to look around to see where we were. We were at the church with the yellow daisies that me and Aerith grew together.

"You gave me the scare of the lifetime. I wanted to surprise you first by coming here unexpectedly, but you were 100 steps ahead of me. Don't do this again. I–" he then sighed as he looked away to hide his tears.

Seeing him up close now, I also got emotional, seeing that he was safe and sound made me so relieved. I hugged him tightly as my tears started flowing.