1: The big world and little us.

Flowers. A rare species you won't see just everywhere you'd like.

With the world changing, environment deteriorating and oxygen disappearing, me and my sister decided to make a change. At least a small one that could help people.

.............

"Yui, do you think the flowerbed would look good here?" Aerith looked up at me as she has just finished tending to the new flowerbed in the corner of the church.

"I think the more, the better. In the end, it's going to be only us here." I said with a smile as I have just finished watering the yellow daisies that me and Aerith grow all over the sector 5.

She chuckled, "Who knows? Maybe people will start to get curious and come around eventually."

I smiled at that thought. She always saw things positively, it made me happy.

The sun has now painted the walls of the abandoned church with an orange color, it was time for us to head back home. Going home with the sun setting always made me and Aerith nostalgic of our childhood. Even if we spent majority time together, we always had things to talk about. And that's what twins go through, and I think that's beautiful.

"Let's call it a day, what do you think?" I stood up and walked over to her.

With me nearing towards her, she started to stand up as well at the hint of really going home now.

"Yeah, let's go. Have you picked some of the yellow daisies for mom?" she made sure.

I showed her the basket with the mentioned flowers to her which made her smile as I have already thought that through before.

"Then let's get going." we then both slowly started to leave our favorite hideout.

On our way home, we talked about flowers, because gardening was our hobby together. The knowledge of the planting and flowers together with herbs in general, helped us cure many other people in our sector.

As soon as we got home, our mom was waiting there with dinner ready. Truth to be told, she wasn't our blood-related mom, but sometimes even non-related people can create a happy family. In our case, she is ours.

"My beloved girls, how was your day?" she asked as we all sat down for the dinner with a smile.

"Me and Yui have progressed and worked really hard. The once abandoned church is turning back to life and I believe people might start discovering the less pretty part of our sector thanks to this." said Aerith excitingly.

"I think it's obvious who are the authors since majority of flowers are only yellow daisies." I chuckled which made both mom and Aerith laugh out whole-heartedly.

In this life, all we miss is freedom. Other than that, we have everything - a loving mom, roof above our head and stable finances that come from our hard work. However, the freedom part is probably the bad in the good at this point.

Why? We don't have freedom because of our origin. We are, what Shinra research facility needs, the descendants of the people from the promised land - a great source of mako.

With our ancestors being the first people on the planet, we have inherited their abilities that are more of a curse than a blessing. The Cetra people are someone who listens to the planet when it calls out to them. The planet tells us when something is wrong.

But when it comes to me and Aerith, I have inherited a lot more than that. The lifestream - a source of mako, is flowing through me but not through Aerith. That's why our eye-colors are different. Aerith's eyes are beautifully green, while mine are golden.

Aerith's materia is called "prayer", it means that throughout her prays, she prays to the lifestream where her wishes are granted. My materia is called "time". I can manipulate with time, can travel back in time too or move further to the future or even stop it. Shinra lab wants me to obviously use me for their own benefits, and that's why I can never be found or else it's game over. Especially for my twin sister Aerith who is as attached to me as I am to her.

Since we both are twins of the same kind, we have been granted a telepathy, so no matter what happens, we always know if something goes wrong, because we communicate together even if we aren't together. And when we aren't together, that's where our worries get the best of us. But that's because we love each other too much.