36: Audition.

I felt my consciousness slowly regain because from a far distance, I heard Cloud calling out to me.

"...ui..... Yui.... Yui!!" Cloud's voice got really loud now and I felt my head resting on his arm.

I slowly fluttered my open, realizing that tears were streaming down my cheeks.

"Are you alright?" asked Cloud while observing me closely as his gaze was fixated on me.

After realizing what just happened, I quickly sat up and wiped my tears away out of embarrassment.

"Yui! Glad you're okay.." said Tifa as she also peered on my face.

"Oh, Tifa!" I looked at her with a relief written over my face.

I didn't hesitate a bit and hugged her so tightly. I was so happy she was alright!

"Sweet as always." she said with a smile, "We were so worried about you!" I separated from her as I peered into her face.

She seemed to have been taken aback by my genuine concern I was feeling which only made her smile more brightly. 

"Don't you think you're forgetting someone?" said Cloud's voice seriously as he was staring at me coldly.

I felt myself, "Aww! My favorite Claudia! Missed you!" I then also hugged 'him' tightly which made him gasp in surprise, "Wha-... That's enough.." he then gently pushed me away from him and looked away.

Tifa laughed out to that scene.

"Cut the chatter. We gotta leave now." said Cloud with embarrassment written over his face as he started to make his way to the door but Tifa stopped him in horror, "No! Not until I've got what I came for!" 

"What?" Cloud asked in confusion, "After we made it back to the slums, some guys went around the sector asking stuff about Avalanche. But... they had no reason why. So I thought I'd come and ask the man himself." she said.

Cloud sighed in disbelief, "Seriously?"

"Thought I could get some one-on-one time.. But then I realized I'd be only one of three candidates. And if he didn't pick me, it'd all be for nothing." she said.

I smiled, "Then your worries are over now, aren't they? It doesn't matter whom Corneo picks, because right now we're all on it together!"

But Tifa frowned, "I don't know, Yui.. It feels wrong dragging you into it.."

"Don't even bother trying to talk her out of it." Cloud exclaimed, knowing I wouldn't budge.

I felt myself getting super excited, "Aww..! Cloud gets me! Took you long enough." I then playfully smacked his hand which made him sigh out in disbelief again.

The door opened and Corneo's lackeys appeared in front of us, "The audition is about to begin."

And once we were making our way to Corneo himself, I was deep in thoughts. I couldn't help but think about how brokenhearted Aerith was in my dream. She was feeling like this because of me, and that pain.. was really horrible, I don't want her to go through that because of me..

But as I was too focused in my own mind, the round older man approached me and started to swirl around me, checking every single part of my body which made me feel ultimately uncomfortable and disgusted that I was sure it was showing on my face.

"You don't look too happy to see me, I want you even sadder now." said Corneo with amusement.

I heard Cloud beside me grit his teeth, "Pathetic." he said.

Corneo then straightened himself in excitement, "Which one of you said that? Was it you, pretty?" he then approached Cloud.

But he was only suppressing his anger.

"Alright.. Today's lucky bride is the big boned girl!" he then started to drag Cloud who wasn't budging for a moment, "Still playing hard to get? I can dig it. Leftovers are yours." said Corneo as he licked his lips while watching Cloud with so much favor.

And with that, me and Tifa were dragged into the room where the rest of lackeys were. Poor Cloud was dragged away by Don to his bedroom which made me feel really bad for him.

"Ayo, fellas, we've got guests. Courtesy of the ever-generous Don Corneo himself." 

They all then started to cheer like some dogs who has just gotten their treats.

"So ladies, are you ready to get to it?" asked one of them.

I felt myself smile, "I'm ready whenever. How about you, Tifa?" I glanced at her.

She looked at me as well with a smile, "Yeah. Let's not keep Cloud waiting."

"Wait... I know you.. From the colosseum!" said one of the moderators.

But with a smile I kicked him in his crotch and along with Tifa we really put them in their place within 1 minute even though originally there was 4 of them. 

"Good job, Yui!" Tifa said happily, "Nothing compared to you!" I said as I kept fangirling over her Tai-Chi skills.

She chuckled and then raised her hand for a highfive. I felt myself smile so brightly as we both highfived each other after such a great teamwork. 

The door then opened which made me and Tifa flinch at our spot as we were ready to fight again but when I saw the familiar figure before me, I felt a sense of relief wash over me.

Leslie only nodded his head in acknowledgement, "Madam M sent me this. I come bearing gifts - your gear." he then put Cloud's sword on the ground along with our clothes.

Tifa is probably surprised at the friendliness because I was smiling next to her.

"I'll do what I can to clean this up. Just finish the job." he said with a smile as he looked at me.

After that he went to wait outside of the room so me and Tifa could change our clothes.

Tifa was the first one to exit the room which revealed Leslie waiting by the door patiently. She walked past by him, going ahead to save Cloud, but as I grabbed Cloud's sword and his clothes, Leslie snickered.

"So in the end, the prince charming got chosen by the Don.. Well, let it be a punishment for letting you even step into this hell house." 

I felt myself chuckle, "Don't be mean.. But more importantly, thank you so much for this. It was thanks to you we even got in here." 

He smiled sadly, "Well.. This was nothing compared to what you've done for me. After I clean this up, I'll head home." 

"... I'm sorry to trouble you like that. Tell Merle I said hi! I will definitely stop by when there's time." I smiled brightly.

"She'd be happy to have you. See you, Yui." he smiled whole-heartedly.

"Take care, Leslie.. Oh...! And congratulations!" I smiled after I remembered the vision of him and Merle expecting a child he had no clue about yet.

He was confused but waved after I left to join Tifa and Cloud.