5: Flowers everywhere.

"So, what are you going to plant here, sweetie?" Marle asked with curiosity.

I smiled, "Since this is nearby people's flats and houses, majority of the flowers will be lavenders. They tend to make people fall asleep more peacefully and their scent can bring you an inner peace."

Marle gasped in awe, "You're thinking about other's well-being even though you don't have to.. You are truly a kind-hearted sweet girl, aren't you?" she chuckled.

I felt myself blush at the sudden compliment and I became bashful.

"I'm just doing what I love. Flowers help me cope with anything, they bring me joy. So I'm hoping the same for the people of your sector as well."

"You remind me of a granddaughter that I have never had." she then bursted into laughter but there was a hint of sadness in the tone she said it with.

She noticed the air got thick between us, so she quickly changed the topic, "Anyways, if you need help with anything, sweetheart, my door is over there." she pointed at the door of her flat.

The kindness of this granny made my heart flutter in happiness. It's been so long since I have talked to elderly people.

"Thank you, Marle! If there is anything else that I can do for you, I could do that without a problem." I said cheerfully.

"Ahh, dear, your hard work to make this place beautiful is enough." she said with a smile as she went inside her flat now.

"Okay, time to work hard for the sake of this granny." and with this happy thought, I started to plant the lavenders carefully, making a new gardening plaza for other flowers as well.

I spent 4 hours making a flowerbed space where I would later plant other flowers. But my priority were lavenders now. They had such a great potential at this beautiful soiled ground.

I decided to give myself a break. I had to clean myself somewhere because after all these hours, my dress got covered in mud, but the hard work behind it was worth it.

The sun was already on its way to the afternoon. It was much warmer and shinier than before.

"Marle~" said a sing-song voice of a girl who was now standing in front of her apartment.

I decided to not really interfere, so I resumed my work in the new garden. I felt the girl's eyes on me, "Hello there!" she said with a cheerful voice which made me whip my head at her, "Hello!" I returned the smile, "Are these flowers?" she gasped in awe as she got nearer.

I nodded, "Yeah! It's a long story, but I've got a permission from Marle to plant some flowers here, hoping to surround whole sector 7 in flowers and fresh air."

She covered her mouth and stared at me in adoration, "You're such a sweet girl! This world needs more people like you, seriously." she said with a smile once her hands left her mouth.

What was wrong with people complimenting me like this, I don't know how to react.

I bashfully chuckled, "You're too kind, I just want to make a difference."

She snickered but before she could say something, Marle got out of her apartment, "Ahh, if it isn't my beloved Tifa! How are you, sweetheart?" she got so soft at the sight of Tifa.

It seemed that they had a really good relationship.

"Marle, in 2 days my childhood friend is going to arrive and will probably need a place to stay, can he stay in the apartment next to me, please?" Tifa said with an excitement.

"Is that someone, by any chance, the famous Cloud that you talk about all the time?" she grinned.

Tifa laughed out whole-heartedly, "Yes! That's him!"

From my point of view, it wasn't just her childhood friend, but mainly her crush. The thought of a girl fangirling over a guy made me smile. It reminded me of when Aerith met Zack for the first time.

Aerith tended to be too obvious about liking him even though she tried so hard to not admit it. For her, it was a love at the first sight. Who knows, maybe it will happen to me soon too.