20: Is this love?

I sighed at the sudden silence in this church. There was so much work to do, yet I felt like doing nothing even though I knew that probably sitting and staring wouldn't be effective as well.

I decided to tend to the flowerbed full of daisies. The sun was shining through the half-shattered windows which made this place even more magical than it already was. I felt at peace here.

I closed my eyes and listened to the voices of the planet.

The planet was in a place of peace and chaos at the same time. Things were still alright at some point even though the darkness was slowly swallowing the peaceful atmosphere–

But all of sudden, I was interrupted by a loud 'thud' right behind me. The sudden source of sound made me shout out of surprise.

I quickly looked behind myself to see a very familiar figure. My eyes widened in shock at the blonde man I tried so hard to ignore yet he occupied my mind every single day at least for a while.

"C-Cloud?" I approached him.

He was unconscious and all I could think of was his condition. Was he alright?

I quickly put my hand on his forehead and on his chest. I closed my eyes and put my full focus on him. He was alright, however, the fall knocked him out.

I sighed out of relief. I was happy it wasn't anything serious. But even despite this reassurance, I put my healing ability into work. Even if he didn't need it, it's nice to be sure I won't neglect anything.

My eyes were stuck on his beautiful sleeping face. I was fascinated at how good-looking he actually was. But once I caught myself thinking that, I felt myself blush once again. It was probably because I haven't seen him for some time. 

And as I was thinking that, I heard Cloud groan painfully, his eyes slowly opening but at the sudden brightness they closed again.

"You're up. Thank God." I felt myself smile, it was so natural.

He opened his eyes completely, noticing that I was right in front of him. His eyes widened in shock but it wasn't only a look of surprise but also of relief. I don't know why but that expression on his face made my heart beat faster.

"Is this a dream?" he asked.

I felt myself chuckle, "Not quite." 

His eyes never left mine, "Did you slow down the time?" he asked which made me smile even more brightly, "I know I can do that, but no, not this time." 

I don't know why it was, but he was very easy to read, at least for me. I felt much closer to him than I did before, yet I haven't seen him in so long, how was this possible?

"Can you stand?" I asked with a worry, but without saying a word, he started to look around, probably wondering where he was.

"This is an abandoned church in sector 5." I answered for him.

He looked at me once again, "So this is where you were the whole time?"

My heart beat a lot faster at his sudden exclamation. I chuckled, "Aww, were you worried about me?" I teased him, but I was surprised at his answer, "Of course." he said with his blue eyes sparkling.

I was taken aback at how bold he has become. I had no objection to that, but he was straightforward with his feelings, even though not completely. His progress made me happy from the bottom of my heart.

"Do you mind telling me how did you fall from the sky right on the yellow daisies? Did you also hide the fact that you were an angel, also known as your 'hidden' ability?" I couldn't believe how happy and natural this cheesiness of mine was.

His lips slightly curved into a smile, it was evident that he was trying to smile even though it didn't come out as naturally but he was making progress.

"So.. Do you mind getting off those poor daisies?" I felt myself smile with amusement.

He seemed to get back to his serious-self, "S-Sorry, I-I didn't mean to–" but I only laughed out, "Don't worry about it. They are a lot tougher than they look. This place.. It has a kind of power." 

I then walked out of the flower bed, "It's pretty crazy, huh? Us meeting like this again. You should stay awhile." I looked at him with excitement.

"Yeah, why not?" he said.

"Really!? You will? Then we should–" but I was interrupted by the door opening with a slam.

The one and only annoying Reno stepped out of them, "I'll see myself in, thanks." he said with his sly smile.

Cloud rushed to stand in front of me, probably thinking I was in danger when in reality, Reno was in danger.

"And who are you?" Reno asked with a disgust.

I felt myself smile proudly, "He's my bodyguard. And a SOLDIER. That's so cool, isn't it?"

I then walked next to him, "I mean.. You don't mind, right? Being a bodyguard isn't that different from a merc stuff..?" I said with a wonder.

He was silent so I took this as a chance, "Will you do it for me, please?" I said with a determination in my eyes.

"... Fine.. But it will cost you. A lot." he said as he drew his sword.

I felt myself chuckle happily, "A lot, hm? One date ought to do it." 

But he looked at me in shock, yet there was a hint of amusement in his expression. I felt butterflies flutter in my stomach. What was this feeling?