21: Falling in love with you.

"If you're gonna bullshit me, then try to make it believable..." said Reno unfazed.

But before my focus could go on Reno, my body got electrified by a taser from someone from behind. The electricity was so painful that I couldn't focus on anything but that.

"Yui!" Cloud tried to run to me but Reno interrupted him, "Look, it can't be her way all the time. She keeps getting away. Now focus on me or else she's gonna get another shock." he smiled slyly.

He didn't waste a second and leapt at him with an angered battle cry. 

The Shinra soldier grabbed my braid which made my head be pulled towards him. I had no time for processing, and just stopped the time without hesitation. 

Cloud looked around, noticing that everyone just stopped. After a few seconds, he whipped his head at me. My braid was still in the hand of the Shinra, making it painful for me of how tightly he was holding it.

Cloud quickly ran towards me, "Are you okay..?" he asked, I shook my head, "No.. He's holding my hair so tightly.." I said, clearly showing him it was painful.

He readied his sword and was about to swing it on the soldier's arm that was holding my hair, but I gasped in surprise, "Are you serious!? Don't do that!"

Cloud only looked at me with a slight frown after I told him off. If it weren't for me, he would actually cut his freaking arm!

I somehow got out of the grasp myself without hurting anyone in the process. Cloud helped me however he could, and when I finally got free from the tight grasp, I sighed out of relief.

I looked at Cloud, noticing he was already staring. And seeing him like that, I was reminded of how he wanted to cut off the soldier's arm which made me unable to hold my laughter any longer.

I bursted out laughing in front of him, letting it all out. 

".. Don't laugh.." he scratched his head as he looked away in embarrassment.

But there was a hint of a smile as well on his face.

"You're full of surprises, let me tell you." I chuckled, feeling myself be in high spirits.

"... More importantly, what do we do with them? Do I just remove them?" he asked, changing the topic.

I looked at everyone around us being stopped in a motion.

"You know.. Sometimes it's good to leave things alone than 'removing' them." I felt myself chuckle again.

Cloud only sighed in defeat.

I smiled at him, "Let's go then! I owe you that date for your heroic acts!" 

He looked at me with a surprise, "I don't remember agreeing to that.." he said.

But I approached him with a smile, "But you don't rush, do you? I have so many beautiful places to show you.. Many delicious meals to take you to.. And... You've got the biggest catch in the whole sector." I said confidently.

He only looked at me in amusement, "Sounds promising.." he said.

I felt excitement taking over me, "So that means you're staying?!" 

"Don't know." he said flatly.

"Please?" I made the best puppy eyes I could ever give to someone.

He seemed to notice my effort, "Fine..." 

I felt myself squeal happily as I hugged him tightly out of excitement, "I'm so happy you're staying! I will make sure it's the best day of your life!" 

I could hear him gasp in a surprise and then cough awkwardly as he became shy.

I quickly separated from him, "Hehe.. Sorry.. I got a bit too excited there.. But it's because I finally have someone to whom I can show this sector to!" I beamed with joy.

 He was watching me intently. His gaze was cold but I could see in his eyes that he was struggling with what to say.

"Alright.. Lead the way." he said.

I found his expressing really cute, even if it wasn't natural as for anyone else, but I couldn't imagine him being any different. This suited him so much and I don't know why but I was swayed by any sort of expression his face made. I have never felt like this before.

"Alright! Follow me!" I said with a sing-song voice as we exited the church with the time still stopped for those poor Shinra troops.

Cloud had his hand on his sword when we were passing by those troops.

I chuckled, seeing him being careful, "Do you not trust me?" 

His attention got to me, this time his face softened at my question, "Sorry about that." he apologized for making it seem like that.

"It's alright. It's probably the first time you see this ability being used for longer than a few seconds. I would be the same!" I said reassuring him.

But he didn't look away as he usually would. He kept looking at me with a sparkle in his eye. Bashfully I was the first one to look away with a smile.

"Okay, let's get going!" I said as I went a bit ahead.