23: The date.

As soon as we got to the busy part of the sector, I decided to take Cloud out for some good food that I knew he might like. 

We stopped by at the noodle stand - a place popular for its fantastic ramen.

"This one will definitely suit your tastes!" I praised the food as its owner put in on the table in front of us.

"Noodles? I thought it was supposed to be the best stuff I've ever seen." he said harshly, but I knew he didn't mean it badly.

Because as soon as he tasted it, his face lit up with a surprise, "It's good, isn't it?" I chuckled at how obvious it was.

".... Not bad." he said as he kept digging in.

I was stealing glances of him eating so happily whilst eating my portion. It was something I wanted to engrave into my memory forever because the way he was stuffing himself was something I wanted to remember for the rest of my life.

After we finished eating, I took him to a pond where me and Aerith grew so many flowers that it looked so beautifully alive. Not just sand and dirt as in other sectors.

"So.. I don't want to brag or anything, but I think this is the most flowery part of our sector. And it was me and Aerith doing this together." I said proudly.

He was amazed at how green this area was, "Never thought flowers would make a place look this nice." he said.

"Thank you, Cloud. I might start to think you love complimenting me." I teased him which made him shy, "It wasn't really a compliment." he said defensively.

I chuckled at how defensive he has become, "Yeah, yeah.. Absolutely." I teased.

He sighed out, exhausted with my stubborn nature.

"So... Will you tell me more about you?" I peered at his beautiful face.

"Nothing interesting about me." he said flatly.

I felt myself frown.

Maybe he doesn't like talking about himself. I shall probably find out naturally and not pry like this. 

"Then you'll have to listen to everything I've got to tell you about me.." I said with a smile, "I don't mind." he reassured me.

I felt myself snicker, "Okay, let's sit down here by the pond." I urged him as he joined me by the flowery pond.

But for some reason he sat down quite far from me which made me internally disappointed.

I didn't hesitate though. I slid right beside him so there was almost no space between us, "First of all.. I don't bite." I said as I chuckled.

"That wasn't intentional.." he said whilst being a bit stiff, "You can loosen up around me. I know I can manipulate time, but I won't take advantage of you if that's what you're worried about." I reassured him, "It's not that." he said.

"Then what is it?" I asked curiously, "I don't know how to...." but he got quiet, "Don't know how to talk to a girl?" I continued for him which made him whip his head at me, "Bullseye." I chuckled at how bashful he got.

"Don't worry, in my opinion you're doing very well. It's funny.. I'm not really a talkative type but with you I seem to want to talk about anything." I laughed out which made his eyes glued at me.

"And you seem to smile more." he continued which got me shy now as I blushed, "Yeah.. It's because I'm comfortable around you." I smiled at him.

He looked down but then back at me again, "You're not comfortable around people?" he asked.

I felt my expression sadden at the sudden question.

I got flashbacks of how bad my trust issues were with people who tried to get close to me because of my ability.

"You could say I'm pretty cautious when it comes to new people. I don't open up just to anyone I meet. I've met many people who wanted me for their own benefits only.. So I think it's rare for me to get comfortable around someone." I smiled sadly.

Cloud took a notice of my sadness taking over me, "Then I guess I'm the lucky one." he said, lighting up the mood.

I felt myself laugh out whole-heartedly, "You're the luckiest one! I'm the biggest catch in sector, you see?" I said as I kept showing off my pretty face.

He seemed to be amused by my sudden flexing.

"I think I've said too much." he said, looking away with a grin, "W-What do you mean!? Keep it coming!" I lightly slapped his shoulder which made him shake as he was suppressing laughter.

Seeing him about to burst laughing, I felt proud I could be the one to make him feel that way. I felt as if I have accomplished something big, and in fact, it was big for me.

"No way.. You're laughing? What's next? Pigs will start to fly?" I said as I raised my eyebrow in amusement.

He looked at me with a straight face, "You sound like a grandma." he said, almost as if he was teasing me.

"W-What.. Are you teasing me?" I sighed in disbelief.

"'Pigs will start to fly?' Who says that nowadays?" he definitely teased me right now with this remark.

I gasped at how sassy he has got right now, "Cloud!" I slapped his shoulder not too lightly now.

But for the first time, he bursted out laughing right in front of me. Seeing him feeling comfortable around me, I felt the happiness inside of me skyrocket.

"Haha.. Hilarious.." I pretended to be offended.

With a grin on his face, he looked at me. 

This was my first time seeing him expressing emotions so clearly that I felt myself blush. The butterflies in my stomach were now crazy inside of me.

"You seem to be enjoying this date." I said with a 'humph'.

And without a hesitation he replied with a cold-hearted, yet gentle voice, "Yeah."

And that moment made me realize just how much this meant for me.