46│

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬♛▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

CHAPTER 46

HAYDEN

"Everest, overlay the sheets this way. Have you actually fold sheets a day in your life?" I strolled over to him, taking the white sheets from his hold, at that point indicated him the right method to overlap them. I understand he grew up where he doesn't need to make the slightest effort, yet it is very lovable watching him do things incorrectly.

He eyes me consistently while I collapsed the sheet on numerous occasions until it was a decent ideal square before setting it down on his bed. "It's Okay, Everest. Not every one perfect at things." I place an encouraging hand on his shoulder to show that it was OK. He takes a gander at me with a shine of disturbance, yet then he takes a full breath while shaking his head.

I could tell he was getting irritated that he was unable to do things right. He was getting released from this discouraging room. It just gives me an uncertain feeling inside of being in a room with too much white. Where the colors that can brighten the room? Putting a little color in these rooms wouldn't feel like you're about to see the light.

Everest gets up from his bed, and I rapidly get his cane so that he could walk. "Hayden, I don't need that. I'm good walking on my own." He protests faintly. He believes he all tough and mighty for his cane. However, the specialist says he needs this for him to walk appropriately.

"Everest—"

"I said I don't need it, dammit!" He yells at me, making me wince a bit. When he understood what he did, he hung his low while running his fingers through his curls in frustration. I understand that he needs to be autonomous with his wounds.

Venturing towards him, I come in the middle of his legs to fold my arms over his shoulders. He takes in my grasp by laying his head on my shoulder, setting his hands on my hips. This is the solitary way I could see his delicate side was giving him the affection that he needs.

Growing up, he didn't have that

After a long silence, he at last talked. "I don't need my people to see me like I'm frail. It's bad enough that I let Franchca die under my watch. She was a major piece of this Castle." I can see where he is coming from. He needs to return to his Royal seat the best-improved individual he could be and show his people that he can overcome anything. Being handicap causes him to feel like anyone can run over him, causing him to feel powerless.

"Everest," I said discreetly, yet shockingly as he lifts his head where he was taking a gander at me. "It wasn't your fault that Franchesca was killed." It was your insidious ass of a dad, a voice said in the rear of my brain. "She was standing there at the wrong time, and numerous bullets were being taken shot at. If you had realized she was behind you, you would have saved her."