03│

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬♛▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

C H A P T E R 3

                    There was a small knock on my door making me look up from the book I was reading. Papa came into my room with an overflowing cup of smuggled tea in his hand with a sympathetic smile. "I brought you some tea." He places the steamy cup on the top of my nightstand.

                    "Thank you," I mumble incoherently, not really in the mood for the steamy tea. My head still hurts from the hard punches I had received, and I couldn't really focus on anything.

                    I could feel Papa's stare on the top of my head as I was disproportionately concentrating on a book I was reading. "I have something for you." I heard him say and I look up from the book where he was holding something in his hands.

                    "I found this when I was cleaning out the basement earlier. I have been looking for this as long as I can remember. My mother had given me this necklace before she passed away," He handed me a white gold necklace that had a ruby rhinestone in the middle.

                    It looked like it was brand new by the way it was gleaming from the light. Something in me just wanted to protect it. "Thank you, Papa, it's beautiful." I furtively wiped my now teary eyes.

                    "Your very welcome sweetheart and I know that it isn't much but this necklace help me a lot through the darkest times in my life. Now I'm giving it to you, so it can protect you from the dark times and it can remind you that I'm still with you."

                    I leaned over, so I can hug him tightly. Papa takes in my crushing embrace as a warmth feeling. "I love you, Papa," I mumble in the crook of his exposed neck, taking in his vanilla scent.

                    Papa starts rubbing small patterns in my back. "I love you to baby." He kisses my temples as he pulls me closer to his body as if he doesn't want to let go of me.

━♛━

                    There was a loud banging on the door making my eye's shot open. This type of knocking was force meaning they wanted to get in immediately. I started getting out of my bed as my body began to shake.

                    The loud knocking got louder, and I quickly search my room to find something to defend myself with. I grabbed my old baseball bat from my closet and walked over to my door.

                    Opening my door, I walked out of my room to see if anyone was up. Papa and Dad's room light was on meaning they were alarm by the sudden intruder banging on the door.

                    Dad ran out of the room with a gun in his hand. Papa walked out of the room also and he was trembling uncontrollably in fear. His frightened face was pale with his eyes was on the edge of tears.