29│

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬♛▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

C H A P T E R 29

EVEREST

                  The door creaks open and I turn around to see Franchesta coming in with a hot steamy mug in her hands. "You have been in this room all day. Surrounded by all your mother's possessions." She chuckles, placing the mug on the table.

                    I made a room in the Castle just for my mother with all her prize possessions. All the stuff she ever loved was locked in this room.

                   I'm the only person that knows about this room. My Dad doesn't even know about the room.

                    "You don't have no right to be in here. Get out and I'm only saying  t once." I warned her.

                    She just stood there while giving me an emotional stare until she walks over to me slowly, sitting in a chair in a chair beside me and we was staring at a portrait of her.

                   "Can't you fucking hear?! This place isn't meant for you people to come as you please. It's private  where I like to be alone in peace."

                    "You know Everest..." She starts then continues. "No matter how brutal you treat me, I will always see something in you ever since you was born. The happiest boy I have ever seen until you turn into this cold hearted person."

                    I hate it when she tells me about myself knowing she doesn't know a damn thing about me.

                    Call it what you want, she just a servant that had been here for decades.

                    "Every day is like the world is against me. No one doesn't care about the King since he supposedly doesn't give a shit about anyone but himself."

                    Franchesta places her hand on my arm where it gave me a comfort feeling. "But I know you care about Hayden. The way you stare at him like he was the only person on this earth."

                    I did things that I'm not proud of and I shouldn't have treated the person that was supposed to be my other half.

                    "You know who you are turning into?" She asks and I turn where I was staring at her gray eyes.

                   "My Dad" I said and she nodded, letting go of my arm, then grab my hand into hers.

                   "Want to know something?" She asks me then continue. "You're not him because I believe that you are your own person and you make bad choices. You have time in your life to fix them."

                    I have time in the world to fix everything but I just don't know how.

                    It was comforting silence in the room while we was staring at the picture. The atmosphere in the room felt like she actually was with us.

                   "How close was you with my mom?" I ask.

                   "We were very close where I could call her my best friend. I was forced to serve here to work off a family debt that was endless. Anyways, while I was working your mother was introduced to the court as Bennett Vogal Queen. She wasn't the type to interact with anyone because she still getting used to the royalty life. She and Bennett did not get along at all. It lead to bickering and physically abusing each other."