Shooting Star (Piper|Aphrodite/Headcanon)

Piper was in a seriously emotional state. Though she was a strong young woman, sometimes strong young women had their emotional breakdowns. This was definitely one of those times for Piper. She felt so useless. She still felt belittled after an extremely offensive insult was hurled at her. She still felt vulnerable, even though Jason almost hurled back something more like a fist than insult at the person who said that. She sat by the lake, questioning life just like Dakota after someone drank all his Kool-Aid, when a note fluttered down from above and landed right on her lap. She looked up to see a white bird circle her three times before flying off. She picked up the note with trembling hands and looked inside.

Piper, my dear, you are more beautiful than freshly picked roses, braver than a warrior, rarer than red emeralds, more precious than a delicate drop of water, brighter than the stars in the sky.

Let nothing stop you from shining, my shooting star. Your mother is always here to look out for you.

Clutching the note with a harder grip, Piper sat in deep thought, pushing back the tears that threatened to fall. Sadly, it didn't work. "Thank you so much, Mom..." she said, sniffling. "I wish I could hug you right now."

As if on cue, a soft breeze picked up and strangely, a blood red petal appeared out of thin air and floated around her before landing in the middle of the last paragraph on the letter.

Let nothing stop you from shining, my shooting star.

And Piper's eyes adjusted to the next line.

Your mother is always here...

To be honest, Piper felt much better after that. Much, much better. She guessed sometimes you didn't need alone time, or your boyfriend (sorry Jason) but just the love from your parent, even if she was the goddess of love and beauty and it didn't seem like she could care less about her children. That wasn't true. Aphrodite could love. She could provide love for her children. Sometimes, that was all that was necessary.