I Swear (Jiper|Jeyna/One-Shot)

Clever_Cunning, I know you requested Jeyna, but I am honestly afraid. The last time I did, everyone was hating on it and wanted Jiper. I'm so sorry, but this is the best I could come up with, a Jiper/Jeyna one, that is. To make everyone happy. If you want, I can PM you something Jeyna quick. I hope you like this anyways.

P.S, I hope you guys can see the text now because previously you couldn't.

_____________

"No Reyna! Don't leave! Don't, just please, don't!" Jason held her in his arms. A nasty gash slid down her cheek and blood was gushing out. But that was nothing compared to the wound from chest down. There was a wound near her abdomen, and it dyed every single inch of her torso clothing red. Her eyes had turned cloudy, and her lips trembled.

"J-Jason..." She looked up at him and somehow he knew that the crystal clear liquid streaming down her face was not the rainwater. Her usually tan skin had gone pale, and he could see her veins underneath. It was over; they came back to Camp Half-Blood after all that and he finds her dying? It was a cruel way to end.

"Yeah?" he whispered. He was scared; he had basically abandoned her for someone new, and now he was treating her like she was the world to him. Part of that was true.

"You know I liked you, r-right?" Every word seemed to be spoken with every ounce of energy she had left, and she seemed to be more in pain.

Jason didn't know how to respond. "I-I don't know, I mean maybe, but I thought it was..." he trailed off. Reyna laughed bitterly, a mix of pain, amusement and tiny bit of softness escaping her mouth.

"Maybe you didn't. Maybe you did. But I never got to tell you until now." She coughed and spat out blood. "I guess more than like. It was love." She stared at him for a while before continuing.

"I know, you have someone else now but I thought you'd probably forget me when I'm gone. So I'm telling you this now, because I might never even have another chance to." Jason was about to open his mouth to reply but Reyna shushed him with a trembling finger.

"Wait. I just want to tell you, before it's too late and I am swept away from you, from all of you. Be a good leader. Be a good friend. Never forget those who died, including me. And most importantly," a small smile appeared on her face, a most unlikely thing to do. "Take care of Piper. She's one of a kind, impossibly irreplaceable. No matter what happens, be there for her. You're all she has, just like how it used to be for-"

She sucked in a breath and fell silent. "Reyna?" Jason shook her. "Reyna?!" Her eyes stared into nothingness, and the beauty of them shattered into cold nonexistence. "No..." he whispered. "No!"

"I should have been there for you! I should have been a better friend. I never knew Reyna, I never knew! Not until now!" His sobs and wails filled the camp, but there was nobody around. He was in the forest. He was at her death spot. The harsh reality finally kicked in when the only thing he saw was her mouth hanging open, as if she was about to continue what she had just said.

"I'll never forget you. I'll never let you down. I'll take care of her. I promise." He held her hand until he felt a hand rest on his shoulder. He looked up to see Piper, staring down at him. Her eyes held compassion and understanding, something he knew he'd only get once in a lifetime.

"Her pain is gone now Jason." she said softly. "It's all over."

Jason finally let go and stood up. He hugged Piper. "I'm so sorry." he whispered.

"You have nothing to be sorry for. I know you loved her. I know, because you couldn't hide it very well. But you have to move on, Jason. She's not here anymore." Even she couldn't hide her tears.

"I feel like I betrayed you. Both of you. I never deserved either of you." he muttered.

"Don't be silly. Reyna would have wanted the best for you. She would have wanted you to be happy." Piper sighed. "I'm the one who should be sorry. For, you know, being in the way."

Like it had all those months ago, Jason's heart melted for Piper. "You were never in the way. I love you and you know that."

Piper didn't say anything.

"You have and always will own a special place in my heart. And you're right, she would have wanted the best for me." He paused. "I love you Piper."

"I love you too. But, will you leave me someday? Will I feel as broken as Reyna did before she died?" Every word shook with fear, and he could sense her breaking down at any moment.

Jason held on to the promise he made to Reyna. She was there for him and he wasn't always there for her. He only realized then and there that he might have loved her. But Piper was different. He knew he loved her. She made him feel a different way that no one else could. And he knew, that she was the one who could make him happy, till death parted them, even if Reyna was here. He held her hand and said sternly, "I promise, I'll never leave you, I'll never abandon you when you need me."

I'll never repeat what I did to Reyna to you. I swear on the River Styx.

_____________

BLOOD OF OLYMPUS WOOHOO

I realized that I use song titles as inspirations for the chapters. Oops.

And JASON YOU CONFUSING IDIOT WHO DO YOU LOVE?! Nah, I love Jason (in a character way) YER NOT AN IDIOT JASON I'M SORRY

But you know what? All this was a blessing from Reyna when she made Octavian sacrifice his teddies so that all couples could stay in love. Remember that headcanon? Yeah, I linked it with this one.