In All Seriousness (Percabeth/One-Shot)

There was this line that Annabeth always said to Percy during the war with Gaia whenever he did something stupid. Of course, she said it with a lot of affection and love.

"Percy, in all seriousness, you are an idiot."

And Percy would respond, "Annabeth, I can't say I must agreee with you, but I will, because you would pound me into a pancake."

This certain 'thing' went about throughout the whole war and usually she would say it about 3-4 times a day, if not more. Then the final battle came, and all 7 demigods plus Nico were out to face the true enemy; Mother Earth. They fought and fought, but eventually one would go down. And it was Percy.

He layed limp in Annabeth's arms as the boy she loved was slowly dying. "Annabeth..." he coughed. "Annabeth..." he tried again.

"What? What is it Percy?" she cried. "Tell me!"

"In all seriousness," he smiled weakly. "I love you. I'll be here with you. Always."

And like a flame dying and eventually burning out, the warm body of Percy Jackson turned cold, and his lifeless eyes bore into Annabeth's.

That did it. The battle was not over yet. Her friends were still doing everything they could to defeat Gaia. "I love you too. In all seriousness." she whispered to his ear, knowing that he couldn't hear anything.

She got up and stood towards her friends, who were all fighting bravely. She just kept walking, and a beautiful woman in a dress made out of leaves, twigs and nature things materialized in the air in front of her. The woman smiled wickedly. "About time I got my sacrifice. I just need one more."

Annabeth looked at her in hatred, a fire burning her grey eyes. "I will KILL you!"

A sudden burst of energy and strength pumped through Annabeth and she used all her might to fight the immortal being. She hadn't even noticed that her friends had finished off the smaller, more unfortunate enemies and were staring at her in shock.

"Is that..." Hazel's voice trailed off.

Nico stared in awe. "It is. I didn't even know it was possible."

Annabeth didn't know it, but she was actually fighting with the power of two, not one. Slowly, Gaia seemed to falter but she was still putting up a good fight. Not for long, Annabeth thought.

With a final surge of adrenaline pumping through her, she brought down her sword and screamed. "THIS IS FOR PERCY!"

And Mother Earth was no more.

And so was Percy.

The reality of that made her crumble to the ground. She felt like crying and cheering at the same time; it was finally over, but what was life without Percy?

Her friends gathered around her. They stared in admiration and awe.

"Annabeth... that was seriously awesome!" Leo cried out, but Annabeth wasn't paying attention to him. "Percy..." she muttered. The demigods' faces fell. Except for Nico and Hazel.

"Annabeth..." Nico said softly. "Percy's not dead. I can feel it. He's not dead."

"He is." She answered gloomily, forgetting that Nico actually knew these things.

"Percy is not dead."

That made her sit up. "But, he died in my arms! How could he have not?!" She stabbed her makeshift dagger into the ground beneath her, and thought she heard distant cries.

"When you were fighting, did you realize what was happening?" Hazel questioned.

"I... no. I was just fighting." She claimed.

"Yes, but you had a little extra help." Piper said. "Percy was with you."

"What?" Annabeth was confused. Percy wasn't with her. He was gone.

"When you were fighting, a bluish-green aura kind of surrounded you, and every move you made, it did so as well. It also acted as a shiled. It deflected every single blow Gaia ever threw at you. Look at yourself. Do see any injuries that might have been caused by Gaia?" Nico asked calmly.

Annabeth looked at herself and frowned. Now that she thought of it, she didn't gain any injuries from her battle with Gaia. "N-no..."

"That was Percy. He was protecting you. It was his... how do you put it... subconciousness. His soul. It left his body to protect you when his physical one couldn't, but it returned to his body anyway. He wasn't dead at all. It was all Gaia's plan. She thought that by making you think he was dead, it would weaken you, and she would kill you. And once she woke Percy up, he would see that you were dead and it would weaken him as well." Nico explained.

"Kind of like Romeo and Juliet." Piper offered.

"Yes. She knew that battling you both was no easy task. But her plan backfired. Your love for each other was so strong that even if you're dead or not, you still had strength. In fact, with one dying, the other becomes stronger. Percy had enough strength to leave his body as an entity to fight by your side. And us? We're already weakening. We needed you both. Percy's the strongest demigod out there. And Gaia's demise made him stronger." Nico explained. The poor dude looked exhausted at explaining, but he carried on. "Whatever the matter is, he's not dead."

"Wait... so where's Percy?"

"Right here."

The voice had come from behind her. He stood where Gaia had faltered, and his whole body was fresh of cuts and injuries. His familiar eyes and smirk appeared right before Annabeth as she ran into his arms. "Did you miss me?" he asked, doubling over as she tackled him. He smiled as she cried. "Because I missed you a lot."

Still crying, Annabeth said, "I thought you were dead! That one hour hurt the most in my whole life! I missed you so badly."

"But I'm here! Full package! Good looks, skill, and stupidity. All still here."

"Gods I love you!" Annabeth crushed him harder. He whimpered in pain.

"In all seriousness?" he asked.

"In all seriousness." she replied.

"I love you too."

They kissed, and the two demigods were once again, reunited as the power couple of the world.

And do you think that this is a fairytale ending where they all lived happily ever after? Yeah, I guess you could say that.

In all seriousness ;)

______________

So I'm back, and I'm still in no mood for writing, but you guys have been so patient, so I came up with this. I haven't done Percabeth in a long time so here it is. Apologies if my writing has changed, or if this chapter made no sense whatsoever. I'm just really... I can't even explain it. I just really hope you understand this chapter because my mind isn't really functioning well at the moment so editing might not be that useful.

Anyways, for those of you who were interested in the headcanon/one-shot competition, I published the main thing already so go check it out if you want. Read every single thing on it if you want to join.

Question: Favorite attire?

I really like bandanas, and these past few days I've been really into crop tops, skirts and playsuits.