To Save The World (Halloween/Headcanon)

Percy and Annabeth were already old enough to get married and save up for their own house in the mortal world. When they did, it was long after they stopped trick-or-treating. Trick-or-treating in Camp Half-Blood, that is, among all the cabins. Their house was near Annabeth's immediate family's, so for that night she went over to visit them while Percy looked after the house and wait for kids to give them candy. At one point this 4-year-old knocked on his door with the stereotypical vampire costume. Percy opened the door and thought, "That is SO not how they look like... and where's the donkey leg?"

But Percy just smiled. "Here you go." he said to the kid, who gleefully took the candy from his hands. "Thank you!" he chirped, and ran off. Percy leaned on the doorframe for a while and just stared at the kid. An empousai might be on the prowl, and what if they saw the kid...? They'd be really offended. Probably hundreds of others who were wearing vampire costumes would also be in danger. He knew it would increase the risk if he was there, but if it DID happen? Who would protect them? He knew the Mist probably showed them as teenage American cheerleaders, but they were VICIOUS nonetheless. That made him realize that the world was too dangerous, even for mortals. He'd do anything to protect the world, even if it meant spending Halloween being overly cautious and on guard for everything.

*-*-*-*

Fatal flaw. Sorry about this. Halloween is over where I am so I really rushed with this to make it in time for your Halloween. Think I'm too late anyways. Sorry if it doesn't really come together, I tried really hard to make it come together XD