Stockings And Snow Globes (Christmas/Headcanon)

"Percy!" Sally called out to her son. "Come here!"

7-year-old Percy flounced to his mother, enveloping her with a warm hug and excitedly looking at her with his large and curious sea green eyes.

"I put up your stocking already and I put in one gift. Because you've been such a good boy lately, you can find out what that gift is today."

"Really?! Thank you mommy!"

Percy ran up to his Christmas stocking, hanging by the windowsill of the living room window. Using a footstool, he climbed up and dug his hand around in the stocking. Feeling something round and hard, he pulled it out carefully. It was a tiny snow globe, one so small he could encase it in his hand. He shook it.

Tiny specks of glitter and the sort floated around in the glass globe, surrounding the tiny pine trees and tiny house, accompanied by a tiny Santa Claus and a tiny snowman. Whoever made it certainly had talent.

"Oooh..." Percy said, gawking at his early Christmas present. Captivated, he soon began to stop playing with it and instead admire it. Being a young boy, of course he would pretend to control the snowflakes inside the globe. Except, when he waved his hand over the globe, he didn't get the result he expected.

The globe cracked. Percy panicked. Everything was in chaos.

"MOMMY!" Percy yelled. "I BROKE IT!"

Sally came running into the room, seeing her crying son and the snow globe in his hands.

"Percy, what happened?" Sally wrapped Percy in her arms.

"Mommy, I broke it." Percy sniffled.

"How?" she asked softly.

"I just put my hand over it and- and it broke!" Percy sobbed.

"Oh honey, it's okay." Sally said, fully aware that it was not okay. "I'll just keep it for now, okay? I'll fix it, I promise."

"Will I get it back?"

"Of course, honey, of course."

Sally was worried. His powers were starting to show more, at such a young age. At this rate, she couldn't let him be aware of what he could do. Not yet, not now.

"Whatever it is, it's not your fault, okay Percy?"

Percy sniffled. "Okay mommy."

As a mother, Sally Jackson had only one hope; making sure Percy got every Christmas he deserved without knowing the danger he was in until the time came. She was determined to keep him safe for as long as she could, and make sure he enjoyed every holiday season without worry.

*-*-*-*

I AM SO SORRY

I KNOW THIS IS WAY OVERDUE

WORST CASE OF WRITERS BLOCK

I DIDN'T EVEN KNOW WHERE I WAS GOING WITH THIS HEADCANON BUT HEY IT'S SOMETHING

I WILL TRY TO MAKE IT UP TO YOU GUYS

I WILL TRY TO WRITE 2 HEADCANONS IN ONE OF THE DAYS BEFORE CHRISTMAS

I WUB YOU GUYS <3