Trin (One-Shot)

Before you read this, read my rewritten version of I'll Come Back if you haven't already. I rewrote that rewrite a bit on the same part so that it'll fit in more with this one-shot. So if you read the rewrite, there are some slight changes. Oh and Trin isn't Annabeth reborn. I realized that if she were Annabeth's sister... no. That doesn't make sense. It's either Annabeth's in Elysium or she is reborn as someone else, you decide. Anyways, an explanation is up at the end, so read that if you're confused.

*-*-*-*

Percy found out soon after the Manticore attack that even though she said her name was Katrin, and he called her Trin, her real name was in fact Trinnette. Percy found that it was a rather unusual name. Katherine, maybe, or at least Katrina but not Trinnette. Nevertheless, he thought it was beautiful and asked Trin why she hid her real name.

"Because I don't like it. It sounds weird. "

"Sounds kind of fancy to me."

"Yeah, and that's why I hate it."

"You shouldn't. It's a beautiful name."

"See, this is why I had to tell you. I just couldn't hold it back from you any longer."

Percy pondered for a while. "But let me ask though, why Katrin? It barely has anything to do with Trinnette, besides the fact that both have 'trin' in them."

"I guess I wanted to change my name, but not run away from it completely. So I just chose Katrin. But maybe because my grandma's name..." Trin stopped, as if to think for a while. Percy waited, but she said no more. He decided to say the first word after some deafening silence.

"Well, you've fooled the camp long enough. It's time you told the truth."

"I know... But they'll think of me as a liar. Besides, once they find out my last name, it'll be an even stranger combination!"

"Nah, why would they think that?"

"Because it's a funny name."

"I wouldn't think so. It can't be that bad."

"Trinnette Castellan. See, it sounds... off. That's why I never told you."

Percy froze. He had never heard her surname before. It was weird, now that he thought about it. He had never thought about bringing the topic up, but now she had said it after more than 4 years. No wonder he thought she didn't look only like Annabeth.

"Hello?" Trin waved her hand in his face. "Intelligence to Percy? Are you there?"

"It-it sounds fine. Castellan... Trin, did you by any chance have a relative by the name of Luke?"

"I did, actually. A first cousin. But I've never seen or met him before. My dad said he died when I was still very young. Some battle or something. But I knew he was just making that up. There's no way he could've died in a battle, because he also said that he died in Manhattan. The only battle I knew in Manhattan during that time was that war you told me with the Titans and all." She paused, and suddenly Percy could feel the tension rising in the air.

Percy didn't speak at first. But when he did, he could feel his own voice shaking. "Trin, do you remember when I told you all about that war? The Second Titan War?"

"Yeah..."

"And do you remember when I said there was a demigod who sacrificed himself and saved the world and Olympus?"

"Y-yeah. Wait, Percy-"

"That was Luke. Luke Castellan, your cousin. Your dad wasn't lying."

There was a silence, until Trin said with a shocked tone, "So... he was a demigod. He betrayed Olympus. Then he saved it. And you said that when he was on Kronos's side..." Her face fell. "Everybody hated him."

Percy put his arm over her shoulder. "He was a hero. And they hated him only at that time. Not all of us hated him completely. Your sister still knew that deep down, he was still a good person. And he was, trust me. Even though he tried to kill me in my first year here after my first quest. It's just that he took the wrong path but eventually made his way to the right destination."

"So... does everybody still hate him?"

"Some of them might hold grudges, but they know the truth. He played a big part in saving us."

"What about you?"

"Well, you know Rachel, our Oracle? She came to me in the middle of the battle and told me that I wasn't going to be the hero and I'll admit, I was crestfallen. I was the kid in the prophecy, sure, and I was considered the Saviour of Olympus but many things could have gone wrong if it wasn't for Luke."

"So... will they hate me even more now? Even if he was a hero?"

"They won't hate you at all. Luke is honoured here at camp. Just don't follow in his footsteps. You're still our Trin, and that's not gonna change whatever happens."

"You're sure?"

"You're special, Trin. Way more special than you think you are." Percy hugged her. "I'm sure, if Annabeth or Luke saw how you were now, they'd both be proud at the strong girl you've become."

Percy knew it was true, because he knew that somewhere, Annabeth was watching them both. And if Luke ever got to see Trin, he knew that he'd be smiling. He was positive.

"And by the way, I like Trinnette Castellan. A unique and beautiful name for a unique and beautiful girl."

*-*-*-*

So yeah, a surprise chapter because a lot of you seem to like Trin so I thought I should make something that involves her. This is my first headcanon with an original character, so give me some feedback and I might add more. I'll have to make up some other OC's first though XD

Anyways, explanation time!

Trin is Luke's cousin from his mom's side, and his uncle is her dad. She and Annabeth, however, are sisters through Athena, as you all know. That makes her related to both Luke and Annabeth. Percy never told Trin that the hero's name was Luke because in secret, he had a dream that Annabeth told him not to tell her until the time was right. In my rewrite I mentioned that Annabeth had been dead for like, 3 years (originally it was 7 but I decided to change it. It's a minor change, but I thought wow, 7 years is like such a frickin long time.). She was born around the time of SoM as Luke's cousin. Luke didn't even know he had a cousin born at that time. I think a few times I have said that Trin is Annabeth reborn, but she is not. Coincidentally or not, she happened to have the same features as Annabeth. Her blondeness is from her dad, naturally curly, and her grey eyes from her mom, like Annabeth's with her dad and eyes from Athena.

Fun fact: Trinnette is used usually as a French name, is a derivative of the name Stephanie and means trinity and crowned. It is of Old Greek and English origin. Trinette, with only one 'n', on the other hand, means torture and piercing and is also of Old Greek and English origin so it's best not to get mixed up.

I like Trinnette Castellan. It's a beautiful name, if you ask me.

I'm still editing this, by the way, because it's exam time and I need to study. A lot of things might not make sense but I tried to give my best explanation. I promise I'll edit it right after my exam is done, which is tomorrow afternoon.