The Zoë Lights (Christmas Headcanon)

In memory of the former lieutenant of the Hunters, Zoë Nightshade, Thalia now called the lights on a Christmas tree 'Zoë lights' because her death was near Christmas time, as well as Thalia's birthday, and because the lights reminded her of Zoë. She saw the similarities of the twinkling lights on the Christmas tree with the stars of the night and always thought of Zoë whenever she saw them. Instead of keeping the star at the top like most people, she arranged it to be right in the middle, the largest, most special star among the others, right on display where everyone could see it. In that star was a carved shape of a huntress with a bow and arrow. It could actually light up, in fact, with tiny white lights outlining the shape. Percy agreed with the whole thing wholeheartedly. Though his heart was for only Annabeth, he did the same as Thalia, honoring their friend. He replaced the top part with an angel, symbolizing Annabeth, and kept the star in the middle while on Thalia's tree, she had nothing on the top. It was in the Zeus cabin, insisted to be far from Jason's own tree, but it still lit up ever brightly. That's how the 'Zoë lights' came to be.

*-*-*-*

For the Headcanon/One-Shots competition, I have decided to end it. All four participants are amazing writers, and I am giving a shoutout to all of them.

@AudreyTheAwesome @_Percabeth_ @ClaruPolo01

Whoever used to be @adeck45, please tell me who you are.

There's something missing from this headcanon. If you guys think so too, please tell me so that I have the initiative to dig deeper. If not, I hope you like it!