Accepted (Nico/Headcanon)

When Nico first told Jason about him staying at Camp Half-Blood, he already expected the reaction he got. Happy Jason, rainbows coming out of his mouth with every word he said. He became really excited to the point of teaming up for Capture-The-Flag, which Nico was fine with, and sing-along contests, which he would usually not be fine with. But this time was different. Even after the whole Octavian incident, he felt as if he was finally opening up to the people around him. He'd built close friendships with the seven, Reyna, Coach Hedge and people like Will Solace. Of course, he replied to Jason in a very Nico-ish way, saying "Are you trying to scare me away?" In truth, he felt touched that someone would be so willing to let him fit right in. He finally felt accepted. It was true what Will said; people were trying to get close to him, but he pushed them away. He pushed himself away. If he had just given them a chance maybe he would have had more people to open up to. He saw that now. And he wasn't going to push them or himself away anymore. He was going to make the effort this time. Whether or not he'd succeed, he knew that no matter what, his family would always welcome and accept him for who he was.