Chapter 41

August 13, 1964

I finished chopping up vegetables for a salad I was making for dinner later tonight. My mind drifted to everything that's been going on the past month. Since the night of the film premiere, John and I hadn't been able to sneak off together. It was just so busy. We had gone to Sweden and played some more shows in England. Now, the boys were recording a new album before heading off to the States for our tour over there. We were leaving in five days for the tour. I hoped that John and I could find some time on the tour to see each other. I sighed, I hated thinking like that. It's just that after the couple of nights I had spent with John this summer, I craved his touch and the way he made me feel. George and I were fine, and he didn't suspect anything. I hated deceiving him, but now that I've had a taste of John again, there's no plan for me to stop.

George walked out of our bedroom carrying a paper and smoking a cigarette, "Darling, I found the perfect house."

I smiled at him, "Did you?"

George had decided this summer that we needed to get out of the flat with Ringo and go find our own house. He had been looking at some south of London in the suburbs, near John's house actually.

"Yeah," he came into the kitchen, "The estate agent sent me this flyer about it. It's a bungalow and it's perfect for us. It has a pool for hot summer days."

George wrapped his arms around me and kissed my neck. I smiled, "Sounds lovely. Can I see the paper?"

"Mmmm," George agreed, kissing my neck, "What are you making?"

"I'm just preparing a salad for dinner tonight. Maureen is coming down from Liverpool, so I thought I could make some pasta tonight for the four of us."

"I love your cooking," George said, "The house has good size kitchen, not like this tiny thing."

I wiggled free of George's arms, putting the salad in the fridge. I picked the flyer up off the table. I looked it over. The house looked cozy. There was a big yard and the pool like George said.

"It's bungalow style, so everything's on one level. The yard is nice, and maybe we can get that dog you've been wanting," George said, "I think it's perfect. We could add on if we needed more space."

I nodded, looking over the pictures, "It looks cute, George. So are you buying it?"

"If you like it, darling," George stepped closer to me, "I want you to love it as well."

I continued to look through the brochure, "The kitchen is lovely. Yeah, I think it would be so cute once we get our own style furniture and decor. I love the pool."

"So should we get it?" George asked me, "The estate agent said it will go quickly. Do you want to go see it?"

I shook my head, "I don't have time George. The pictures look great. I think we should do it, you know, if the agent said it would go fast. It is really cute."

"Okay," George exhaled, "Did we just decide on our house?"

I nodded and smiled, "Yeah, I think we did."

George brought me into his arms, kissing me in the process, "Just think how much privacy we'll have. It will be so nice to have our own space that we can do what we want with. We can move in when we get back from the tour. It will be great!"

I laughed at how excited George was about the house. At the same time, I was sad. I knew that the next logical step to buying a house would be getting married and having children, however, George has made it very clear that he doesn't want that for awhile. I'm not sure I did either with the current circumstances.