Chapter 54

January 14, 1966

John plowed into me in the water, causing me to fall over off my feet. I was laughing as he picked me up and threw me over his shoulder.

"John, put me down, I was looking at the pretty fish in the water," I fought with me.

My snorkeling gear was on my head. John and I had been snorkeling together when he decided to start acting crazy. Maureen and Ringo were up on the beach enjoying the sun.

"Who told you you were allowed to wear that bikini? The only view I was enjoying snorkeling were your tits," John laughed as he carried me over shoulder back to the shore, "We're going back to the house for a little break."

"You're a pig, John Lennon," I laughed at him.

In an instant, John cursed and then I was toppled over in the water. I came back to the surface.

"Shit," John said, looking down in the water.

"What happened?" I said, concerned.

John was looking down at his foot from the surface of the water, "Something fucking sharp just went in my foot."

I went under to look at what was wrong with John's foot. His foot was right on top of a huge sea urchin. I came back to the surface.

"You stepped on a sea urchin, John," I told him, "Try to get your foot off of it. We need to make sure there's no barbs left in your foot."

I put my arm around John, he put his arm around me. He got his foot unstuck, and I helped back up the rest of the way to the shore.

"Hey, Mo!" I called to her, sitting on the beach, "Go get that lady that's been hosting us. John stepped on a sea urchin!"

Mo got up from her beach chair and went off looking for the nice little lady that had been hosting us here on the island. I helped John to a beach chair in the shade. I knelt in front of him as he crossed his leg over his knee to elevate the hurt foot. It was bleeding and I could see some of the sea urchin sticking out.

"Oh, John, I hope this lady knows how to get this out," I said to him.

"What the hell, John," Ringo said from beside us, "I'm documenting this."

"Ringo, don't-"

I heard a camera shutter behind us, I started laughing, "Ringo, you take pictures of everything."

"Hey, they'll make me some money some day when I've spent all of mine," he laughed.

"Is it bad, mama?" John asked me.

"It's bleeding," I said, "I think you'll be okay though."

Mo came back with the lady. She sat down beside John, and poured some rum over his foot. He yelped from the alcohol burning his foot. Then she started picking out the barbs in his foot. Ringo of course snapped a picture. John looked down at me and grabbed my hand.

I smiled at him, mouthing an 'I love you.' He wiggled his eyebrows at me. I laughed. When the lady was done picking the barbs out of John's foot, it looked quite swollen. I helped him as he limped back to the house. We finally made it to the bedroom where he stripped from his clothes and plopped down on the bed.

"You're going to just lie there naked?" I laughed at him.

"It's bloody hot here," John whined, smirking at me, "You could join me, mama."

I rolled my eyes, "I'm going to let you rest. I'm going out looking for seashells again with Maureen."

John pouted his lips, "What if I get a stiffy and you're not here to help?"