Chapter Twenty-four

"Officer Kim, can I discuss something with you?" I look up fixing ng reading glasses to see Officer Kai holding a folder in front of me. I tied my hair in a bun as I nodded.

"Yeah, what is it?" I ask curiously, he went beside me and placed the folder on my table, he was standing beside me while Im still sitting on my chair.

"Its about this case, you forgot to put the Officer in charge, Atty. Lee needed this on the trial tomorrow"  I furrowed my brows and scan the paper, I bit my lip when I really forgot to put the Officer in charge.

"Give me five minutes, Ill edit this out" I turn to him only to notice his face was so close to me, he was looking down at me. My eyes widen in shocked as I blink furiously. I quickly look away when I heard someone cough in front of us. And back away from Kai when I saw who is it.

"Officer Kim, can I also have a word with you?" I got nervous when she was so serious. Officer Kai, fixed his jacket before he stood straightly.

"Were still talking Manoban" he pointed out. Lisa look at him seriously and glance at me before she look back at Officer Kai staring at him straightly. I look at Lisas back to see Seulgi shaking her head at Lisa. I eyed her to get back up but she just laugh at me and shrug.

"About what?"

Is it me or the atmosphere is different and its hot, I unconsciously fan myself to calm. When the two just stare at each other I stood up and sigh. Getting their attention.

"Alright, Ill give this to you later Kai, and you" I pointed at Lisa she look at me her gazes soft looking at me, Officer Kai, nodded at me and left. "what is it?"

"Do you want some tea?" I silently scoff at her. She almost want to have some fight with Officer Kai earlier just to ask me that?

"Seriously?" I ask. She just shrug her shoulders.

"Im serious" My mouth drop looking at her. Is she serious? Why is she acting like this? "And Im jealous"

What? What did she just say? I bit my lip, gripping the pen on my hand tightly. She was just staring at me like she just didn't say she was jealous. Omy gosh, its just been a week since she ask to court me. Blinking my eyes, I clear my throat and nodded.

"Green tea will do" I mumble before I sat back to my chair. But what she did made me froze on my seat, she mumble a soft okay before she lean to me and gave a kiss on my forehead before she walk away. My eyes widen before I look up and look around. I saw some officers look at us in shock. I keep blinking my eyes still havent recovered at what she did. We still haven't talk about her showing like that to me, as much as I want, just to keep to low-key so it wont affect our work. I started to get sweating and smile nervously avoiding the curious eyes to me. Lisa need a little scolding sometimes. I ignore them and just continued flipping through pages but nothing came in to my brain because my heart was pounding so fast. I close my eyes sigh loudly before I went back to work again.

I was engrossed at doing my work when a green tea was placed beside my table, since I have a lot of papers on my table. I look up to see Lisa. I look around and there are the stares again, but this time I ignore it and sigh. Let them think what they think.

"Thanks" I mumble taking a sip, she look at my table and lean closer reading the papers.

"Have you check the evidences?" I furrowed my brows when she went beside me and she grab a paper reading it.

"I haven't, why?"

"Before you put your sign, check everything or youll get in trouble" she said placing it back on my table but still looking at the paper before me. My gaze followed her hands when she put it on my chair on my back. "Tell me if youre going to check it, ill go with you okay?"