Chapter Three

Jennie POV

Monday finally came. I woke up early so I wont be late. Brushing my hair for the last time as I look in the mirror. I wore a black leather jacket, white plain shirt under and black pants and boots.

I checked the time and it 6:00 AM, still have an hour to have breakfast. I grab my bag and check my things before I went downstairs. I saw mom in the kitchen cooking at Tae sitting in the couch still half sleeping. I felt guilty for waking him up this early just to drop me to work.

"Its okay Tae, I can go to work with a cab" I said and gave him a smile as I put my bag in the couch. I walk to the kitchen to make myself a coffee.

"Its okay noona, I can drop you off" he peak from the living room. Ive been thinking this for days. I gave him a smile and shake my head. "Im ready to drive again Tae, so its okay."

Mom look so shock holding a spatula. Tae ran towards me amd put his hand on my neck then to my forehead. I slap his hands away and sat on the chair. "Are you serious noona? Are you drunk?" He ask and sat beside me.

"At this early? Drunk? Maybe you want to drop me off forever?" I smirk, he quickly shake his head no. This ungrateful brother. " No, No its okay, you can have the car back." He ran to give me the car keys.

"YAH! I said I was ready but I didnt tell it was this soon!" I shouted when he ran back to his room.

"Are you sure youre ready Jennie?" Mom ask me worriedly as she gave me a toast. I took a bite and sigh loudly. "I just thought youre right mom, I just need to move forward" I said and shrug.

"sweetie I know you blame yourself what happen to your father." Mom went towards me and hug me tightly, I bit my lip to stop my tear from falling.

"Its just that if I didnt ask him to go to me mom, If I jus-t didnt call hi-m" I mumble to her neck. She sigh and rub my back.

"What happen to your father is an accident, youre nothing to do with it baby, Aigoo youre 23 and a crybaby." Mom tease wiping her tears, I frown at her and finsihed my toast. "You dont have to say that mom okay?" I whine.

"Go now, give your first test drive, be brave okay? Im proud of you, dad is proud. Dont be late" I chuckle and kiss her cheeks. I grab my bag before I went outside to my car.

Seating inside the driver seat. Loud sirens, car crashed, dad laying on the floor with blood meters away from me.I gulp hard and close my eyes trying to shake of those images in my head. Be strong Jennie, I put the keys and turn on the engine before I step on the engine.

I was nervous, but I was able to arrive at the station before 7 am. I locked my car and went to the inside wearing my ID along the way. When I step inside pushing the door, I was shock when suddenly confetti flew in the air from a party popper, theres a small banner saying "Welcome Officer Kim".

"Welcome Officer Kim!!!" I was shock to see some officer greeted me.I smile shyly and bow at them. I didnt expect them to welcome me like this since Im still new and Capt. didnt introduce me everyone when I applied here so O wonder how they knew me. "No need to do this Officers but thank you."

I shook hand with everyone when a tall man approach me smilling. "Welcome to Seoul Police Station Officer Kim" he flashed his white teeth to me. I received his hand and shook hands shyly. "Thank you Officer?"

"Officer Kai, Kim Jongin" he raise his ID and I nodded reading his name. "Thank you Officer Kai"

"Hope to work with you someday Officer" he brushes his hair to the back and look at me.

"Its nice to meet you Officer Kai, yes hope to work with you soon" I said shyly and went towards my table. I havent see Officer Manoban around. Shes the only Officer Ive known okay? I sat on my chair when suddenly a tall blonde woman went towards me making me startle.