twenty seven

THE DEAL

JOHN ORLANDO

"and i'll be your new boss." i smiled as i finished my presentation. everyone smiled and clapped.

everyone in the workplace was so sweet. and they didn't think of me as the typical boss everyone's scared of. and i didn't wanna be that typical angry boss anymore.

i have changed. for the better. being that short tempered and always-worried-about-work guy caused me a lot of stress.

now i'm fun. at least i think i am.

and all this is because of mackenzie. i'll admit it, she has really helped me find the better version of myself.

now i'm happier and more fun loving.

but i'm afraid.

will this all change back to "normal" after mackenzie's gone?

will i be the mad creep again after one year?

will i even be in contact with mackenzie after this deal?

how will mackenzie handle it? will she feel happier after one year?

will she find someone else?

no. i don't wanna let it happen.

i don't want to be like an anxious old man again. i like how i am. i like how this marriage is going.

i don't wanna let go of her. i'm already getting attached.

"mr. orlando?" a colleague interrupted my thoughts. i blinked, "um, yes?"

"we've been calling you for the welcome party at the adjacent room." he smiled.

"oh, yeah alright." i nodded.

these employees were so wholesome not gonna lie. they framed a huge image of my dad and i to show how grateful they are to us and served maple syrup pancakes to everyone! like what's better than that? classic canadians!

unfortunately i'll be in the usa for majority of the time, which is not bad but you can't beat canada.

one of my colleagues told me that our new business partner, mr. mendes is unwell and his flight is postponed. he will come to canada in two weeks.

this means i'll have to stay in canada for a longer time.

i open my phone and text mackenzie.

JOHN ORLANDO

hello. listen, i just
got to know that
i'll have to stay
here for two more
weeks.

MACKENZIE ORLANDO

oh no, is everything
alright there?

JOHN ORLANDO

yes, yes. everything
is good but our business
partner is sick and i'll
have to wait because
he's important for our
company. should i book
a flight to new york for
tomorrow for you?

MACKENZIE ORLANDO

you don't have to,
i'll stay here with
you :)

JOHN ORLANDO

what will you do?
you'll get bored
since i'll be busy
most of the time.

MACKENZIE ORLANDO

don't worry about
it, i wanna help and
support you by being
here john

JOHN ORLANDO

thanks mackenzie
:)

MACKENZIE ORLANDO

omg look you used a
smiley!

i chuckled at her goofiness. the fact that she wanted to stay at canada for me made me so happy.

♡♡♡

MACKENZIE ZIEGLER

john will be home soon, i wondered as i finished cooking dinner. i made his favourite spaghetti with little pieces of hot dogs cut up in it. (a/n: if you've watched the big bang theory you'll get it hehe)

the doorbell rang. must be him. i opened the door and before i knew it, i was embraced in a hug.

it felt so good having myself between his two strong arms. i wrapped my arms around his neck and played with his hair.

we pulled away. "i see you're in a pleasant mood." i giggled.

"cause i'm thankful." he said.

"well, for what?"

"you." he said. i blushed deeply.

"what did i do?" i asked. i really didn't know what i did.

"you're staying in canada for me. that makes mw really happy." he smiled.

"i'm glad you're happy. it's my job as your wife." i chuckled.

we got inside. john went to the bathroom to freshen up.

we were sitting across from each other. i served the food when he came back.

"spaghetti with cut up hot dog pieces? that's my favourite!" he exclaimed.

"i know, your mom told me so i thought i'd make it."

he ate and moaned, "it's so good. just like mom's"

"i used her recipe." i winked.

"i'd hug you right now but i'm too lazy to get up." he pouted.

"it's okay. just enjoy dinner." i laughed.

looks like someone likes hugs.

anyway, we continued to chat as he told me about his day at the office.

♡♡♡

i'm late ik but as i've said multiple times, i have exams AND i'm sick  :(
get it to 70 votes and 30 comments ♡