thirty four

THE DEAL

THIRD PERSON

john and mackenzie finally reached home. they got their luggage inside with the driver's help and shut the front door.

before john could say anything, mackenzie went straight to the bathroom to take a shower. he sighed.

he went ahead and showered in the other bathroom too.

he came out of the bathroom pretty quickly and changed into comfortable clothes.

he walked towards her room to ask her about something.

he walked in without knocking, expecting her to be fully clothed, since she went in way before he did.

but that was not the case.

saying that john is dumb for not knocking would be an understatement.

mackenzie was standing there in shock, in nothing but her undergarments. she quickly grabbed her shirt and covered herself with it.

"what the hell?!" she screamed.

"oh my god. i'm so sorry. i thought you'd have changed since-"

"ever thought about knocking first? i was taking a long shower cause this day has been stressful for me! now let me change!" she yelled.

now he felt like absolute shit. he gave up and didn't interrupt again. he went to his room to sleep.

guess we'll skype my parents later.

he wished she could give him a chance to explain everything, even though he didn't really deserve it.

he hasn't been okay. mackenzie wasn't talking to him and he couldn't talk about this to anyone. his mind was clouded with thoughts.

♡♡♡

the next day was an awkward encounter, mackenzie made breakfast and served. she decided to sit on the couch instead of the dining table.

that's just... sad. but john didn't wanna do anything about it.

he finished up and turned his laptop on. he went on skype and called his mom.

after a few rings, she picked up, with dale beside her.

"hey john !" she cheerfully spoke.

"hi mom, dad. how are you guys?" he asked.

"we're good. you're back in the states? when did you come back?"

"oh, just yesterday."

"where's mackenzie?" mer asked. mackenzie glanced at john and walked towards the laptop.

but john subtly signalled her to stop. "oh, yeah. she's busy right now."

she felt guilty for shutting him up. maybe she should've listened to him.

maybe he deserves an explanation.

♡♡♡

this is so bad :)