three

THE DEAL

MACKENZIE ZIEGLER

i couldn't sleep last night. i kept thinking about that jerk of a ceo john orlando. and how he knows my last name, if only my first name is written on my nametag.

what does he think he is? god? he is such a jerk probably with anger issues, who thinks he can boss around and make everyone his servant. but he isn't. aw what a bummer, john.

the way his name crosses my mind makes me want to rip my own head off.

i should probably go back to doing my job, which always gets interrupted by my stupid thoughts.

i was sweeping the kitchen floors, when brynn entered the kitchen.

"mackenzie, the same guy from yesterday is demanding for you again."

ugh, is it that dickhead orlando again?

i groaned again and got outside. i purposely walked slowly which made him clench his jaw.

if he wasn't such a dick i would've said that he's kinda hot. but too bad that he's an asshole.

"what would you like today, sir?" i forced a smile and asked once i reached him.

"i just want to speak to you." he spoke. oh– what?

"i can't. i-i'm busy!" i spoke out. just as i was about to walk away, he pulled my to his chest.

"i don't think so." he whispered on my neck, which sent shivers down my spine. i didn't want to show him the effect he had on me. i wish he wasn't so good looking, so it could be easier to just smash his head on the table next to him.

"no." i croaked out.

"it is important! i have to speak to you!" he hissed, which scared me.

"fine." i sighed. i sat on the chair across from him and waited for him to speak.

however, he didn't say a word. he just kept staring at me. "you said you wanted to talk, so talk! you're creeping me out."

for the millionth time, he gave me a death glare. then he cleared his throat to start, "i heard you're having financial problems." he said lowly.

i gasped, "how do you know that? listen, i'm not having any problems."

"i can help you with that." he stated. what the fuck?

"i'm not a charity case! i can help myself. i don't need anything from you." i screamed. he seemed unfazed by my sudden outburst. he didn't say anything for about a minute, then he started.

"see, i've done my research, miss ziegler. you have to pay debts and for your mother's treatment. do you think you can really afford that by working here? i can give you a million dollars if you let me."

a million fucking dollars? how the fuck–

knowing that this asshole of a businessman won't do anything for free, i asked him, "what's the catch?"

"i will give you every single penny. only on one condition." he lowered his voice.

i raised my eyebrow for him to continue.

"you will have to marry me." okay then– wait what?! never in a thousand years! why does he think i would agree to marry his assface?

"no no no. why do you want to marry me?" i asked, panicking.

"my dad will give me his enterprise in canada only if i am married. i don't know why. but this deal can benefit both of us. think about it."

"how long do i have to be with you?"

"just for one year. then we can divorce." he said with hopeful eyes that i'll say yes.

so, this deal has one advantage and one disadvantage.

advantage: i get a million fucking dollars to pay for debts, mom's treatment, and to live the rest of life peacefully.

disadvantage: i have to marry that assrat and spend one year of my life with him.

do i waste one year to marry that arrogant shithead and get the money or do i leave it?

never in a million years i thought i would have to make a decision like this. i was quite surprised by my own answer.

"i'm in."

♡♡♡

dun dun DUN here's the third chapter!! vote and comment your thoughts please. love you guys xx