thirty

THE DEAL

THIRD PERSON

mackenzie woke up quite early that morning. she went to the bathroom, brushed her teeth, showered and then went inside their walk in closet.

she preferred changing there instead of the bathroom. surely no one would randomly barge inside the closet.

after changing, she just looked at everything. his clothes and accessories were on the opposite side from hers.

well, some of her clothes were already packed from last night, when she quietly tried to assemble everything. but she couldn't take risks. she didn't want him to wake up again and question her actions, or her tear- stained face.

a few minutes later, she finally folded the last piece of clothing she had and locked her suitcase.

she had booked a ticket to the united states when she was in the bathroom, crying. and she was leaving tonight.

all she had to do was to lie to john about leaving.

she tiptoed through their room and went downstairs to prepare breakfast. probably their last meal together.

since it was probably her last time cooking for him, she did her best to come up with something special to prepare.

she prepared sandwiches, fruit salad, and blueberry yogurt as a side.

she graciously decorated everything. 100 for presentation skills, mackenzie.

she finally put everything properly on the table and covered it for the meantime.

after some time, she heard john's footsteps climbing down the stairs.

while internally crying, she gave him a small smile when she saw him. he grinned at her.

"what's with the whole cover up thing? have you hidden a snake under this or what?" he joked.

"no, silly. it's just breakfast." she said, her voice breaking. he didn't notice.

she removed the plates covering the meal and motioned him to sit down.

"woah, what's with the special breakfast?" he smiled.

"no reason, but i gotta talk to you." she whispered.

"but first, sandwiches!" he exclaimed like a child and dug in. she couldn't help but smile. she'll definitely miss his goofiness.

they finished breakfast with john complimenting her cooking and presentation. now, it was time.

"so, what's up? what did you wanna talk about?" he asked.

she cleared her throat, "so, i have to go back to the states tonight."

"what? why? is something wrong?" he questioned. if only you knew, john. she thought.

"i'm just missing mom, and i feel like i should check up on her." she said with a straight face.

"oh, okay." john said, disappointed. he understood her reasons, but he knew his mornings and nights wouldn't be the same without her in canada.

the way she calmed him down and helped him fall asleep before his first day, the way she always cooked him amazing food which he always appreciated, the way she helped him through everything when he felt helpless.

but he knew he'd meet her when he came back.

little did he know...

♡♡♡

a lil filler for you guys ! i have my french exam tomorrow and look at me writing for y'all :') hehe, enjoy and please vote and comment. don't be a ghost reader cause it really demotivates me :(
and always check my announcements for updates about new chapters ! ily guys <3