six

THE DEAL

MACKENZIE ZIEGLER

today is the day i'm going to meet the orlando family. the famous family who's always in the magazines.

saying that i was scared would be an understatement.

JOHN ORLANDO

miss ziegler,
we will be meeting my
family today. i expect
you to dress and behave appropriately. i will be there
to pick you up at 7pm.

MACKENZIE ZIEGLER

ok boomer

what? i didn't know what to say. it was currently four, meaning i had plenty of time to get ready. so i opened netflix and started watching brooklyn nine nine.

damn, i finished one whole season. it was now six, i needed to start getting ready.

i wore a black dress that ended just above my knees, along with black heels. i applied mascara, concealer and nude lipstick to finish my look.

my hair were open as i had no idea how to style them.

soon, the doorbell rang. i quickly grabbed my phone and proceeded towards the door.

i instantly stopped. what if he thinks that i look ugly? what if he insults me? what if–

the doorbell rang again, meaning he was getting impatient. i opened the door and saw him wearing one of his formal suits.

he didn't say anything. he just looked at me up and down. i got uncomfortable. i knew he'd think i look bad.

"you look great, miss ziegler. let's go."

he led us to his car, which was parked in the parking lot. it stood out from other cars.

we got inside the car and he started the engine.

♡♡♡

"how much time will it take?" i groaned. he has been driving for twenty minutes now.

"be patient. we'll be here soon." he scoffed.

out of boredom, i turned on the radio. "walls could talk" by halsey started playing.

"AND I'M THINKING DAMN IF THESE WALLS COULD TALK!" i sang along.

john turned down the radio almost immediately. before i could object, he said, "we're here!"

before i knew it, we were standing outside the orlando's house. the house where the asshole grew up in.

i was so nervous. and perhaps john noticed that. "it'll be alright." he said without looking at me.

he let out a heavy breath. "let's go." he then grabbed my hand.

he rang the doorbell. after a few seconds, a middle aged beautiful woman, who i assumed was john's mother, opened the door.

"john!" she exclaimed and hugged him. "who's this with you?" she said, still smiling.

"hi mrs. orlando. i'm mackenzie, john's fiancée." i sweetly smiled at her. she gasped.

"it's so nice to meet you, mackenzie! call me meredith." she exclaimed and pulled me into a hug. i was shocked but hugged back.

"come inside! let me introduce you to the whole family." she said. that lady is so sweet, how did john become so rude?

she welcomed us inside and i was in awe at the interior of the house.

we stopped at the dining table, where everyone was seated.

"everyone! this is john's fiancée." meredith introduced. everyone was now looking at me.

"i'm mackenzie. nice to meet you, sir" i first introduced myself to john's father.

"call me dale, sweetie. nice to meet you too." he shook my hand.

"i'm lauren! the best orlando sibing." a girl who looked just a few years younger than me spoke.

"i'm mackenzie!" i replied with the same energy.

"i'n darian. i am better than all these losers." another girl, probably older than me said.

i laughed. "nice to meet you."

"best for the last. i'm maddie. the one who handles all these idiots." she shook my hand. she seemed like the most mature one.

"let's start dinner!" meredith spoke and clapped her hands.

"can i help you?" i said, because i always liked to help.

"no sweetie, it's fine. the maids will bring it." meredith politely declined.

finally, food was served. there was so much on my plate. i couldn't eat so much though. i would get fat again.

i ate some salad, sipped my water, and stopped eating.

"is that all you're gonna eat?" meredith asked.

"yeah, i'm sorry. i'm not feeling hungry." i nervously smiled.

"aw, no problem dear."

all through this, i could feel john eyeing me. i ignored it.

♡♡♡

we chatted, the orlando family was so sweet and goofy, unlike john himself.

"we should go now. bye." he stood up.

i copied his actions and said, "it was so nice meeting you all. see you soon."

"you too!" dale and meredith spoke.

we waved at everyone and left. john made his stone cold face again. ugh, can he not?

he kept giving me hard glances. i tried to ignore, but this time i couldn't.

"what?" i huffed.

"you barely ate! it's bugging me." he finally said. i widened my eyes.

"is that why you're glaring at me? i just didn't feel hungry, that's all." i shrugged.

before i knew, i went into a deep slumber.

♡♡♡

so glad that you're liking the story. i have exams soons so updates will be slow :( love you guys xx