twelve

THE DEAL

MACKENZIE ZIEGLER

"melissa gisoni?" the voice caught my attention and make me get up from john's lap.

"we're here for her!" i almost shouted.

luckily, the doctor didn't seem to mind my behavior.

"is she gonna be alright?" i asked eagerly, droplets of unwiped tears still resting on my cheeks.

the doctor looked down and sighed. oh no, not a good sign.

"the cancer has spread throughout more parts of her lungs. this is almost incurable."

"i'm afraid she only has a few more months to live." he completed.

"this can't be happening!" i screamed, tears blurring my vision again. john put his hand on my shoulder. i ignored him.

"you have to cure her! i can't live without my mama!' i broke down, and somehow landed on john's arms.

"look, we're trying our best to cure your mother. but it will be difficult to cure."

instead of saying something back, i dug my head into his chest and silently cried.

he held me and caressed my back. just what i needed at that moment.

♡♡♡

"mackenzie, you should eat something." john nudged me.

"not until my mother wakes up." i crossed my arms, looking down.

"you haven't even drank water. that's not what your mother would want. will she want that?" he said.

sighing, i gave in, "fine, let's go."

we walked towards the elevator and got in. the elevator ride to the ground floor was very awkward.

as soon as we got out of the elevator, he grabbed my hand. i looked up at him in amusement. he immediately let go and continued walking casually.

we found a table and had some coffee and sandwiches. i was so hungry that even cafeteria food tasted delicious.

"how are you holding up, mackenzie?" john suddenly asked.

"i don't know. she hasn't even woken up yet. what if she never does?"

"she will. even the doctor has assured that she'll wake up." he said.

i nodded. "i'm sorry i got you into this mess."

"it's okay, mackenzie. i am about to be your husband... for at least a year." he winked and tried to lighten the mood. i gave him a small smile.

but in reality, it hurt a little, and i don't know why it did.

what is happening to my life? why me, god, why do i always have to be the one facing problems and losses. this is unfair!

but what can i even do?

♡♡♡

yeah ok i know the chapter sucks but y'all wanted an update now gimme attention you hoes ✌🏻👀

ok but seriously i missed you guys and writing so much oh my god