thirty one

THE DEAL

THIRD PERSON

after what felt like a long flight, mackenzie landed in new york. she collected her luggage and decided to go to her mom's place.

the orlandos didn't know that mackenzie was back (unless john told them). so she thought she'd visit her mother.

should i tell mom about what happened? she thought.

she decided not to tell her about the stress that has been weighing her down, she didn't want her mother to worry since she's already sick.

when she reached the building, she was excited to meet her mother after a long time. she took her bags and carefully climbed the staircase since the elevator didn't work.

she rang the doorbell and the nurse opened. she gasped when she saw mackenzie. mackenzie told her that she wanted to surprise her mother.

she finally entered her mother's room. melissa turned around and almost screamed.

"mackenzie?!"

she laughed at the reaction. "it's me!"she exclaimed. they shared a long hug.

"how are you here out of a sudden? weren't you supposed to be in canada with john?" she asked.

"yeah, but john suggested that i should visit you. so here i am !" she said as she plastered on a fake smile.

"aw, that's so sweet of him ! why didn't he come? i feel like i haven't seen him in so long." melissa wondered.

"oh, he just had really important work." she shrugged.

they talked and had fun the whole day. mackenzie almost forgot about the whole situation.

♡♡♡

meanwhile, in canada....

john had been in the office the whole day. he was focused on his work and had been on his laptop. he hadn't even come out of his cabin.

what's the point of going early when she isn't even there? he thought.

it was 12am. he finally decided to head back home.

he drove in silence, no music, no radio, just thoughts about work and her.

he finally reached home. he freshened up and ordered takeout.

he ate in silence while using his phone. he wasn't as enthusiastic as he was when she was with him.

he clicked his gallery to look at their photos, but something caught his eye.

"a screenshot? i don't remember taking this." he said to himself.

he zoomed in and saw what it was. his face turned pale.

my conversation with nadia?

he checked that the screenshot was taken during midnight. oh.

mackenzie knew.

she knew he wasn't loyal.

♡♡♡

HI GUYS OMG i haven't updated in so long ! well, blame my country's education system, cause they give exams every fucking month 🤠 I'll update faster after june for sure tho ! make sure to always check my announcements !
if you wanna talk, please dm me on my insta @/orlandosangels cause i can't reply to comments here ! im hella active there ! love youu guys byee hope u enjoyed this chapter !