eleven

THE DEAL

MACKENZIE ZIEGLER

"oh god i stan joey!"

my mother and i have been laying on the bed and watching friends since this morning. i was home for the past few days, taking care of my mother.

"i'm gonna shower. be right back." i told her and got inside the bathroom.

i waited for the water to be in perfect temperature before hopping in the shower.

i cleansed my body with soap and my hair with shampoo.

after getting out of the shower, i changed my clothes inside the bathroom as my mom was in the room.

i got out of the bathroom and called my mom, "ma, what do you wanna eat?"

i got no answer. i asked again, "ma?"

assuming she had fallen asleep, i went inside the bedroom to check up on her.

when i opened the door, the sight teared me up. "mom!"

she was choking and finding ot hard to breathe. i started to panic. i instantly called john.

i know, i should've dialed the ambulance. dialing those three digits would've been more convenient and helpful than dialing his ten digits.

but, i couldn't help it. he was the first person i thought about. he finally picked up.

"mackenzie i'm in a meeting. can i-" he stopped when he realized that i was crying.

"what happened?" he worriedly asked.

"john. mom- she-" i started crying again. i couldn't complete my sentence.

"i'm coming there and calling the ambulance. please stay calm mackenzie." he said and ended the call.

i looked at my mom and started crying even harder. please keep her safe, god. i need her with me.

soon, i heard violent knocks on the door. must be the ambulance. and john.

the paramedics approached me and told me to calm down. they asked me where my mom was.

without stopping my crying, i pointed at the bedroom.

they went to get my mom. i felt someone wrap me around their arms. john.

"mackenzie, everything will be fine." he hugged me and soothed me.

"what if it doesn't get fine? what if my mother-"

"shh." he put his finger on my lip to shush me.

"it's gonna be alright, mackenzie." he said.

we followed the ambulance to the hospital in john's car.

they admitted her in a room and we sat there waiting.

i was crying in john's arms waiting for the result...

♡♡♡

haven't updated in so long whoops 🤡