Punishment I

"I don't know.... When I got there... the stable was empty..." Lan'er said.

"Forget about the stupid horse, do you not know manners? You're supposed to greet my grandmother this morning but you're here looking at some stupid horses." the Emperor said.

"Yes. I have no manners! That's why I didn't visit Empress Dowager!" Chen Xi shouted at the Emperor.

"Your Majesty, you should visit Empress Dowager." General Wang said.

"Yes, let's go. I'm filial unlike some random princess from the Xi Empire." the Emperor said as he left.

"Forget about him. Finding Xiao Bai is the first priority right now." Lan'er said.

Chen Xi nodded her head and glared at the Emperor's back as he left with General Wang.

Lan'er took Chen Xi to Xiao Bai's stable and said: "Here is his stable."

Chen Xi looked around and blew a whistle. There was no response.

"Something is off, he should be here if I blew the whistle." Chen Xi said.

"Consort Xi." a eunuch said.

Chen Xi turned around and said: "Who are you, what do you want?"

"I am Eunuch Zhang, under the Empress Dowager's orders, you should report to the Lotus Palace."

"Lan'er."

"Yes, Princess."

"You find Xiao Bai. I will go to the Lotus Palace."

"Will you be okay?"

"I'm the daughter of the Emperor of the Xi Empire, I also have my powers don't I? It will be fine."

"Fine.... But take care of yourself when I'm not there."

Chen Xi nodded her head then turned to the eunuch. The eunuch guided the way and soon they reached the Lotus Palace.

"Consort Xi arrives!" a voice shouted and Chen Xi walked into the Lotus Palace.

"Chen Xi pays respect to Empress Dowager." Chen Xi said as she bowed to Empress Dowager.

Empress Dowager scoffed and said: "Pay respect, do you know what time it is?"

"No." Chen Xi said.

"How dare you!" Empress Dowager shouted.

"Guards take her down and give her 50 whips as a punishment!" Empress Dowager countuined.

"50 whips?" a maid whispered.

"That's equal to death." another maid chimed in.

"Grandmother, 50 whips is unreasonable. How about we lower it a little bit. 10 whips?" the Emperor said.

"Why are you protecting this unfilial Consort?" Empress Dowager asked,

"If the Emperor of the Xi Empire hears that his daughter is being whipped on her second day here, it will look bad." the Emperor said.

Empress Dowager nodded her head and said: "10 whips. Guards take her away!"

Guards came to take Chen Xi away for punishment but she yelled "STOP!"

"I will take all the punishment. 10 whips and 50 whips, the difference is death, do I get special treatment because I am a chess piece?" Chen Xi asked.

"50 whips? Give her 50 whips if that's what she wants!" Empress Dowager shouted.

The guards took Chen Xi by her arms. She gave them a glare and said: "I have legs, I can walk."

The guards released Chen Xi's arms and she walked out the door to receive her punishment.

"Grandmother isn't this too much? 50 whips, her brother will come here in a few days if they see her like this, I'm afraid it's not good." the Emperor said.

"Weren't you the one who wanted me to call her here so she can get punished?" Empress Dowager said as she held the Emperor's hands.

"Yeah I did but I... didn't mean it this way."

"It's fine, she needs to learn that this is the Long Empire and it is different from the Xi Empire."

The Emperor smiled bitterly and said: "Yes, grandmother. I will listen to you."

"It's almost lunch time, stay here and eat. I will tell the maids to cook you something nice."

"Okay." the Emperor said as he faked a smile.