Sunrise With You

Around 4 in the morning, Chen Xi had woken up. She sat at the bed looking at the Emperor sleeping silently next to her and said: "You don't seem like a bad person but why does my head tell me otherwise."

Chen Xi got off the bed and walked outside to look at the sunrise once again this morning.

"The sun is always hidden beneath these tall buildings." Chen Xi said as she sat down on the swing.

"You're up?" a voice behind her said.

Chen Xi turned around and made eye contact with the Emperor.

"Yes.. I don't sleep much." Chen Xi said.

"May I ask why?" the Emperor asked as he took a seat next to Chen Xi.

"I often wake up early to see the sunrise in Xi, the sunrise is very beautiful, it's different from everything you'll ever see." Chen Xi said as she looked up in the sky.

The Emperor nodded his head and said: "Maybe you can visit the Xi Empire."

"No. I can't." Chen Xi said.

"Why?" the Emperor asks.

Chen Xi looked at the Emperor and said: "I have many wounds currently if I got back Father will punish you."

"Punish me?"

Chen Xi nodded her head and said: "Everyone knows Father dotes on me the most if I'm hurt he's going to make that person pay no matter the consequences. So once I get better I'll go back."

"Punish me? You sound like you care about me." the Emperor said.

"I do, you're my husband and the Emperor of the Long Empire."

"Sometimes being the Emperor is not a happy thing."

Chen Xi nodded her head and then her face lit up.

"Want to leave the palace? I know the best place to go." Chen Xi said as she smiled.

"Best place? You haven't been here for long." the Emperor asked with a confused face.

"That's true but I experienced a lot of things outside of the palace."

"Okay, lead the way then."

"First, change into something simple. Something that doesn't tell everyone that you're the Emperor." Chen Xi said as she smiled.

"Leave my status?" the Emperor asked.

Chen Xi nodded her head. A few minutes later, the Emperor stood outside of the Peony Palace wearing simple white clothing. Chen Xi walked out a few minutes later, wearing the same clothes, she wore from the Hunting Contest.

"Ready?" Chen Xi asked.

The Emperor nodded his head and asked "We're gonna be back by morning right?"

Chen Xi held the Emperor's hand and said: "Don't worry about it."

Soon they were outside of the palace in the streets of the city.

"People are up this early?" the Emperor asked.

"They need to make a living." Chen Xi said as she walked to the same red bean bun stall.

"Lady!" the vendor yelled.

"2 buns." Chen Xi said.

The vendor gave her two buns and said: "Free, thank you for your money last time."

"Don't worry, it's nothing." Chen Xi replied as she handed a bun to the Emperor.

The Emperor took the bean bun, bit into it and smiled.

"Good right?" Chen Xi asked.

The Emperor nodded his head and smiled.

"It's only the beginning. Let's go." Chen Xi said as they ran deeper into the city.

A few later, when the sun had fully risen, the Emperor and Chen Xi walked back to the palace.

"It's different right?" Chen Xi asked.

"Very." the Emperor said as he smiled.

When they arrived back at the palace, Lan'er ran at Chen Xi and hugged her. General Wang whispered something into the Emperor's ear and they both walked away.

"You scared me." Lan'er said.

"I left a note." Chen Xi as she stroked Lan'er's hair.

"Don't go out anymore at least not without me." Lan'er said.

"Okay, if I ever go out without you, I'll bring Momo." Chen Xi said.

"Princess!" Lan'er yelled as Chen Xi ran away.

Lan'er ran after Chen Xi as Chen Xi turned back and laughed.