One Women, One Man

"The Emperor?" Chen Xi said in shock.

"Do you not remember me?" the Emperor asked as he held Chen Xi's shoulders.

Chen Xi stared at the Emperor in shock and fell to the floor.

"I'm the scholar from the Lantern Festival." he continued.

"Emperor." Chen Xi said as she looked him in the eye.

"How did you know?" the Emperor asked.

"Who doesn't know the Emperor of the Long Empire?"

"I'm sorry, I lied." he said.

"You don't need to be sorry." Chen Xi said as she got up.

"I also hid my identity." Chen Xi continued.

"All identities are hidden during the Lantern Festival." the Emperor said.

Just then Lan'er came back with 2 bags of food and yelled: "Princess!"

Chen Xi turned around and saw Lan'er drop the bags she was holding.

"Princess?" the Emperor asked.

"That's right." Chen Xi said as she started to take off her mask.

"Your Majesty, I am Chen Xi, your Consort Xi." Chen Xi continued.

"Consort Xi? Was that why your name was Xi in Xi'er?" the Emperor asked.

Chen Xi nodded her head and said: "The name Xi is uncommon to begin with. Father just dotes of me the most so mother calls me Xi'er."

"Don't tell me he is the scholar." Lan'er whispered to Chen Xi.

"It was a mistake to begin with. Let me be the one to end it." Chen Xi said as she looked at the Emperor.

"Mistake?"

"I don't think you heard of marriage rules from the Xi Empire, have you not?" Chen Xi asked the Emperor.

The Emperor shocked his head no and Chen Xi smiled.

"That's what makes us different." Chen Xi said as she started to walk away.

The Emperor grabbed Chen Xi's wrist and asked: "What's the rules?"

"It's simple: one woman, one man." Chen Xi replied.

Later in the evening, in the Dragon Place,the Emperor could be seen in deep thought.

"What does she mean by one woman, one man?" the Emperor asked General Wang.

General Wang replied: "Which lady are you talking about? I can dig some information for you."

"That's a great idea, why didn't I think of that! Go find some information on the Xi Empire's marriage policy." the Emperor said.

"These days, Your Majesty seems to care a lot about her." General Wang replied.

The next day, General Wang walked into the Dragon Palace, bowed to the Emperor and said: "I figured it out."

The Emperor sprung from his table and said: "What is it?"

"In the Xi Empire, a man is only allowed to marry one women." general Wang said

The Emperor stared at him and asked: "What do you mean?"

"People from the Xi Empire value family and most importantly love. So a man cannot take multiple wives only one, the love of his life." General Wang replied.

"So the Emperor broke the rules."

"Seems like it since she married you. But Your Majesty, don't tell me you have feelings for her right?"

'Feelings?" the Emperor asked himself.

"I d-" the Emperor said before he stopped himself abruptly.

General Wang stared at him and the Emperor said: "You can leave now."

After General Wang left the room, the Emperor looked at himself in the mirror and asked himself: "One women, one man?"

All of a sudden the mirror changed into an image of the court. The Emperor stared at the image and said: "Is this my destiny?"