The Truth Unfold I

"Let's talk about this somewhere else." Lan'er said as she escorted Chen Xi to the Peony Palace.

"Tell me that it's not true." Chen Xi said.

"Before the Second Prince left, he asked me to look over you because the time has come."

Chen Xi became shocked and said: "So everything I saw is going to be real right?"

"You can change it, the Emperor did it once before."

"No because of my careless actions, I have to see everyone suffer."

"What do you mean?"

"I lied to Father." Chen Xi said with a serious face.

"What..." Lan'er said without words.

"That day when I heard Xuan'er was going to marry off to the Long Empire, I told a lie to Father. I never heard the people calling me "Empress" before that day. But when I came to the Long Empire, I actually heard them calling me Empress."

"So... you were never destined to come here."

Chen Xi nodded her head and said: "I already changed history."

"What else did you see?"

"Father and Xiao Bai's death and the tree from before."

"The Emperor is going to die?"

Chen Xi nodded her head and said: "The killer was wearing a black and gold clothing, it doesn't seem like someone from the Xi Empire."

"So you think it's someone from the Long Empire?"

Chen Xi nodded her head again and said: " I think the killer is the same but I'm not sure."

"Be careful, tell me if you see anything else."

"Also -" Chen Xi said before she got cut off by a knock on the door.

"Consort Xi!" a voice from the outside said.

Lan'er and Chen Xi looked at each other in surprise. Lan'er went to open the door and saw a eunuch outside holding a scroll.

"The Emperor's orders." the eunuch said.

Chen Xi got up and kneeled in front of the eunuch, Lan'er did the same.

"Two days from now, I will be holding a hunting contest in honor of Consort Xi. Consort Xi will participate in the event, the person with the most targets will win a wish from the Emperor." the eunuch said.

"Consort Xi accepts the degree." Chen Xi said as she held out her hand and accepted the degree.

"See you in two days, Consort." the eunuch said as he left.

"Hunting contest? You cannot go princess." Lan'er said.

"What choice do I have? I have a feeling this contest is not going to be a happy one." Chen Xi said as she looked down at the scroll in her hands.

"Make an excuse and don't go."

"Do you think the eunuch heard everything we said before?"

"We better hope not or else...." Lan'er said as her voice slowly drifted.

"Let's not think about it, prepare my clothes from home, the one second brother got me."

Lan'er nodded her head and exited the room.