First Meeting

"FATHER!" Chen Xi shouted as she woke up.

"It's the dream again." she said to herself as she tried to massage her neck and arms.

Chen Xi got up and opened the windows for some fresh air until she heard: "Did you hear the Emperor didn't spend the night with her, such a disgrace."

"I heard the Emperor spent the night with Concubine Hua. '' another voice continued.

"Princess!" Lan'er said as she busted into the room.

Chen Xi turned her head and said "You're here?"

"Don't listen to the maids, they just like to say nonsense."

"Here." Lan'er said as she placed some cakes in front of Chen Xi.

"What are these?" Chen Xi asked.

"These are cakes the Long Empire specializes in, this is chrysanthemum cake, this is lotus cake, this is ---" Lan'er said before she got cut off.

"I get it, you don't have to name all of these. You made them right?"

"Princess knows me too well." Lan'er said with a smile.

"Also don't keep calling me Princess, it feels so royal and cold, call me Chen Xi."

"How can I do that, Princess is part of the Royal family from the Xi Empire. You inherited the powers from the Emperor, it is natural that you are a royal."

Chen Xi sighed and said: "I have a feeling this palace will be really cold."

"What do you mean Princess? The Long Empires have everything from gold to fame, what is there to be cold about?"

"I don't know. Help me take this off."

After Chen Xi took off her wedding gown and wore the clothes of the Long Empire Lan'er said: "You look like a different person!"

"That's because the Long Empire's clothes are so heavy. How do they ride a horse with these clothes." Chen Xi said as she got up.

"Speaking of horses, where is Xiao Bai? I heard that Father spent someone special to deliver him here." Chen Xi asked happily.

"I don't know where Xiao Bai is, but I heard there is a stable for the royal family. Maybe Xiao Bai is there?" Lan'er said.

"Let's visit there."

"Right now? But you didn't even eat your breakfast."

"I'm not hungry anyways, can you bring a basket of carrots instead?"

"Sure." Lan'er said as she went out the room, closing the door behind her.

After Lan'er got a basket of carrots, Chen Xi set off to the stable.

"Here it is Princess." Lan'er said as they stood outside the stable.

As they walked in, a stableman can be seen trying to keep a horse calm. After the horse couldn't be kept calm, another stableman gave the tamer a whip. Upon seeing the whip, Chen Xi ran toward the horse trying to protect it.

"STOP!" Chen Xi shouted as she ran toward the horse.

"Who are you to tell me what to do?" the stableman asked.

"She is Consort Xi!" Lan'er shouted.

"Consort Xi?" the stableman snorted.

"I heard that the Emperor spent the night with a concubine." the stableman continued.

"That's none of your business." Lan'er said.

"Lan'er, shush." Chen Xi said.

"But Princess..."

Chen Xi gave her the eyes and she step backed.

"It is my business if the Emperor slept with me or not, you cannot abuse the horse, it is innocent." Chen Xi said.

"What are you? Master of Horses?"

"Yes, I am a "Master of Horses. Whipping the horse will not do you any good, in fact it will bring the opposite result." Chen Xi said as she got herself a carrot.

With the carrot, Chen Xi tried approaching the horse.

The white horse ran toward Chen Xi and hid behind her eating the carrot.

"Where's her child?" Chen Xi asked.

"Her child got moved away." the stableman said.

"How can you be so ruthless and take away her child after a few days she gave birth."

"It's the Emperor's orders, I cannot go against it."

"You people are so ruthless. Lan'er, let's go visit the Emperor."

"Who wants to meet me?" a voice said from behind.

Chen Xi turned her head and their eyes met.