Wish II

Chen Xi got out of bed and tried to walk out the room.

"Where are you going?" the Emperor asked as he grabbed Chen Xi's hands.

"I don't know, I'm forgetting something. Something very important."

"You forgot my love for you and you should know that."

The Emperor then called the guards in and said: "Empress Xi is not allowed to leave this place. If her maid asks tell her this is my order, she can stay if she wants."

"Yes." the guard said as the Emperor exited the room.

"You can't lock me here!" Chen Xi yelled as she tried to run after the Emperor but got stopped by the guards.

Soon after the guads left the room, there was a tap on the window. Chen Xi ran to the window, opened it and smiled.

"Can you lure the guards away? I need to leave the palace." Chen Xi said to Momo.

Momo nodded her head and flew away. Soon later the guards outside can be heard screaming: "Chase!"

After confirming the guards were gone, Chen Xi opened the door and ran outside the palace gates.

"Momo!" Chen Xi yelled.

Chen Xi extended her arm while Momo flew down and landed on her arm. Chen Xi took the letter off of Momo's legs and opened the letter it read: "War."

"War?" Chen Xi asked herself as she crumpled the paper then opened it again.

"This is my handwriting. Why did my brother have something that I never sent before?" Chen Xi thought to herself.

"Princess!" Lan'er screamed as her voice echoed from the crowds.

"Lan'er?" Chen Xi yelled as she ran up to Lan'er.

"Are you okay? I was so worried!" Lan'er said as she scanned Chen Xi.

"I'm fine, do you know what this letter means?" Chen Xi asked as she handed the piece of paper to Lan'er.

After reading the words on the paper, Lan'er grabbed Chen Xi's arms and ran inside the palace.

"Why are we going back?" Chen Xi asked Lan'er as she was running.

"You have to convince the Emperor." Lan'er said as she stopped outside the courtroom.

"Princess, listen to what I'm saying."

Chen Xi with a confused face nodded her head.

"The people in there are more different than you can imagine. Next month is your father's birthday, convince the Emperor to let you go back and visit your father." Lan'er said.

"But just this morning..." Chen Xi replied before being cutted off.

"There's no buts. It's a life or death situation and you are the only one who can solve it."

"Okay, I'll try." Chen Xi said before walking up the stairs to the courtroom.

"The Empress arrives!" a eunuch shouted notifying everyone.

Chen Xi walked in the courtroom and spotted the Emperor, there was no one in the courtroom besides him and his general, General Wang.

"You can leave now." the Emperor said to General Wang.

General Wang exsted the room as he made eye contact with Chen Xi.

"I want to visit my Father for his birthday next month, please grant my wish Long Li." Chen Xi said to the Emperor.

" I can grant your wish but shouldn't you grant me a wish too?" the Emperor replied.

"Go ahead, what is your wish?" Chen Xi asked.

"Move into my chambers and accompany me."

"Move into your chamber? That is improper, please wish for something else." Chen Xi said.

"We're married and you're the Empress, what is so improper?" Besides, the court officials said they would accept you as Empress but you must fulfill your duties."

"Fulfilling my duties? My duties are for the people and not for your own satisfaction."

"My satisfaction? When have I forced myself upon you?"

"Not yet, I can agree to your terms but you cannot do anything if I say no." Chen Xi said.

"Okay, deal." the Emperor said at once.

"Hope you keep your word." Chen Xi said as she stared into the Emperor's eyes.

The Emperor stared back and smiled.